Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Less name shops? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/less-name-shops-563891/)

tarsky78110-11-2009 11:07 PM

Less name shops?

Call me obsessive-compulsive, but has anyone else noticed that there are lots of name shops?
I was just in the I Need A Pet Name section, and I saw... maybe 4 threads that needed names, and the rest of the page was shops and shops and shops.
Does anyone else think we should cut back on the name shops? :idjut2:

00000000510-12-2009 08:52 AM

Re: Less name shops?

Yes, I definitely think members need to lay back on the number of name shops. I think what is happening, is that a bunch of members see how successful some of the other shops were, and wanted to try their own. I don't like how some people create threads just because they want to be popular, and have a lot of rep.

webkinzchick110-12-2009 08:59 AM

I just work at a name shop haha I think having your own name shop is pretty hard, considering that I already have an avie siggie shop. Maybe if i get a name shop, I'll open up a partnership with a friend.

lizzyxwebkinz10-12-2009 09:05 AM

I agree,I mean,do we really need like,30 of them?
Great thread! :)

Talini10-12-2009 09:10 AM

Maybe all the shops should be able to advertise in a new, separate section. I think some people find it fun to have a "shop" and then get more rep. I'm glad to see people having fun with it, but I don't like when it clogs things up for the rest of us.

I recently did a general post to get a name and got a private message to go to someone's shop. Not too crazy about that, either.

My two cents...

webkinzchick110-12-2009 09:10 AM

I think there's more than 30...

HawaiianBreeze10-12-2009 09:17 AM

Yeah. I think there are too many shops. A lot of them are really good, but some just do it for Rep.

Dogluver62010-12-2009 09:22 AM

Well... Maybe there's a way to get them approved? I think right now all you have to do is post your shop. Admins or mods of that forum can review shops they think are acceptable and those that they think aren't can be reapproved.

webbieluvr192410-12-2009 09:35 AM

Yes, I do think there are a lot of shops but only a fraction of them do pretty well. I do have one myself with a few friends and I have to say we're doing good. We opened ours to have some fun together but it's really frustrating with all of the other shops around because it's really crowded and I bet some other people looking for pet names get frustrated looking for names too.

I like the approving idea. Maybe the mods could like shut a few down and keep active ones open.

A good thing about name shops, though, is that it cuts down on the amount of threads people start asking for one name.

Those are just my thoughts though. Nice thread!

AsH xO10-12-2009 09:51 AM

I think there are way too many shops for naming. I agree with Dogluver620 - there should be a way to get the shops approved! Only a small fraction of the naming shops are good, and the others just do it for rep.

Also, I don't think people should just make threads on asking for a name, they should just go to one of the shops open. I also agree with webbieluvr1924 - mods and admins should keep active shops open and shut down a few! ;)