Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   This is kind of... strange. Think about it this way. (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/kind-strange-think-about-way-516305/)

icecube73006-10-2009 09:16 AM

This is kind of... strange. Think about it this way.

Everyone's complaining. You know what I found? I found that disliking a quality in someone else is disliking some part of yourself. You say you don't lik epoeple hating Twilight? Then maybe you should ease up on hating Harry Potter. You don't lik epeople being mean? Well, you haven't been perfect all your life either! You say you don't like the new girl? Maybe she doesn't like you either.

I know this is true because I was complainingabout one of my teachers that had a quick temper. I have a quick temper too, but didn't realize until my aunt pointed this out that I was really disliking it in her because it is in myself.

Myabe this might cease all the ruckus.

Dixiecup06-10-2009 09:20 AM

Re: This is kind of... strange. Think about it this way.

The Pastor of my Church called it a 'Sandpaper ministry.' The things you often don't like about someone else 'smooths out' the rough edges in you as you learn to live with these issues and become more patient with that person who is doing the sanding :):) :thumbup: Icecube :bow:
Not many people get to discover this introspective revelation :)

icecube73006-10-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiecup (Post 14869356)
The Pastor of my Church called it a 'Sandpaper ministry.' The things you often don't like about someone else 'smooths out' the rough edges in you as you learn to live with these issues and become more patient with that person who is doing the sanding :):) :thumbup: Icecube :bow:
Not many people get to discover this introspective revelation :)

That's a cool way of putting it! It just makes you think that maybe it *isn't* that bad. :)

rottweilergirl06-10-2009 11:50 AM

your right I'm glad you pointed it out...

dumblonde69306-10-2009 12:07 PM

I agree! I'm really glad that you've pointed this out, becuase I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I'd never thought to compare it to situations on WebkinzInsider. Thanks a lot for your amazing thread! I agree with everything you said!!! :) :thumbup: ;)

icecube73006-10-2009 12:48 PM

Thanks both of you guys! It applies to everywhere. It shows you you should think before complaining about osmehting becuase that trait is most likely in yourself ;)

speedieblonde06-10-2009 01:06 PM

Good point! I like the way you look at this!

icecube73006-10-2009 01:07 PM

Thanks speedie [:

Freda7206-10-2009 01:53 PM

An excellent thread :) :) it really makes you stop and think. One of my favorite songs is Amg Grant's "What About The Love" the very first time I heard these lines I just sat and cried:

"I looked into the mirror,
Proud as I could be,
And I saw my pointing finger
Pointing back at me,
Saying, who named you accuser?
Who gave you the scales?
I hung my head in sorrow;
I could almost feel the nails.
I said, this is how it is
To be crucified and judged
Without love."

Was a HUGE wake-up call for me that song;
and your thread icecube takes me back to that day so many years ago; and wakes me up again to watch how I treat others

icecube73006-10-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freda72 (Post 14873643)
An excellent thread :) :) it really makes you stop and think. One of my favorite songs is Amg Grant's "What About The Love" the very first time I heard these lines I just sat and cried:

"I looked into the mirror,
Proud as I could be,
And I saw my pointing finger
Pointing back at me,
Saying, who named you accuser?
Who gave you the scales?
I hung my head in sorrow;
I could almost feel the nails.
I said, this is how it is
To be crucified and judged
Without love."

Was a HUGE wake-up call for me that song;
and your thread icecube takes me back to that day so many years ago; and wakes me up again to watch how I treat others

Awesome song! Rep for you. I know you didn't write it but that just makes you think even more.