Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #41
alexabird7
Banned
karategirl7 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Be kind and patient, they ARE new to WI

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I just wanted to post this because I am seeing something that I find rather disturbing. I see a lot of 'older' or 'senior' members being rather brusque and sometimes even mean with Newcomers.
'In your face' attitudes chases them away or makes them shy to contribute and I really would hate to see a lost opportunity. Who knows; that person you barked at for using Moderator Blue ink for their first post might actually have the solution to an unsolved recipe. OR what if that person has technical knowledge and they can help people to gain access to a 'fussy' account? What about losing a kind, compassionate contributor (Say; like Gingerly when she first began). Wouldn't it be awful to have never known her because someone was unecessarily blunt or impatient?
Please, remember they are new and are not familiar with the Forum as we are. Some of the questions they have can't be answered through the FAQ and the RULES under the big daisy, or any other way but through hands on experience. That is what we are HERE for, to guide people through the process and be open to newcomers. Please remember the Golden Rule, 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'
I agree with you completely. There are so many bright, wonderful members that WI wouldn't be the same without. I feel kind of bad sometimes because I posted a thread called "Think before you post" and a few new members were sort of offended. I feel bad for doing that because I didn't think they would be.
karategirl7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #42
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by hitink002
I sincerely hope people are kind because I have no idea of how to do or find anything. As you can tell, I'm brand new.
well, that is why we have so many kind members that can show you around! Who knows, maybe you will end up a mod someday!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #43
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by karategirl7
I agree with you completely. There are so many bright, wonderful members that WI wouldn't be the same without. I feel kind of bad sometimes because I posted a thread called "Think before you post" and a few new members were sort of offended. I feel bad for doing that because I didn't think they would be.
Karategirl7, sometimes it doesn't matter about how well intentioned we are, people will do what people will do. We only have ourselves to judge others by. What I mean by that is that you may not ever think of yourself behaving like that so why would others behave in such a manner? I agree with YOU about thinking before you post. This is a similar situation because it cautions people to be aware of the 'WI age' of the person composing the thread or post; they may not be quite familiar with how it all works and don't know how to research the thread topics for already posted questions of their particular problem. I say give them some latitude...or like Gingerly says, 'Say it with Smilies' that way they KNOW we mean no harm. right?
Oh and your thread is a GOOD thread, too

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
well, that is why we have so many kind members that can show you around! Who knows, maybe you will end up a mod someday!
These are the kind of 'faces' I look for in WI. People like 'i love summer' who re-inforce the POSITIVE and show encouragement to newcomers. Thank you for your encouraging post!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #44
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
Dear Momluvswebkinz2,
I have been here for a couple of months and I still ask questions. Don't ever think that some of your questions are stupid. A teacher once told me that the only stupid question is the one you DIDN'T ask. LOL! So........ all questions have a purpose. I know that sometimes I ask a question, that to me seems stupid, but after ??? looking around in here for a while and not finding what I need to know, I just ask. I'm sure that someone has the answer and are more than willing to help. Most people on this site are nice, but just like the rest of the world, there may be some "creep". I figure that what I might ask, might help a new member.

Jazzykinz :rdr:
I've been here for over a year, and I still ask questions, and I still learn things all of the time. No question is ever stupid, and there will be tons of people who will be more than happy to help.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #45
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

this is a really good point. people do that to me sometimes and i'm not even new! i try to be nice with everyone. i have an in your face attitude but on wi not so much.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #46
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

You're right Lily....there are no such things as stupid questions.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #47
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I just wanted to post this because I am seeing something that I find rather disturbing. I see a lot of 'older' or 'senior' members (Forum mature) being rather brusque and sometimes even mean with Newcomers.
'In your face' attitudes chases them away or makes them shy to contribute and I really would hate to see a lost opportunity. Who knows; that person you barked at for using Moderator Blue ink for their first post might actually have the solution to an unsolved recipe. OR what if that person has technical knowledge and they can help people to gain access to a 'fussy' account? What about losing a kind, compassionate contributor (Say; like Gingerly when she first began). Wouldn't it be awful to have never known her because someone was unecessarily blunt or impatient?
Please, remember they are new and are not familiar with the Forum as we are. Some of the questions they have can't be answered through the FAQ and the RULES under the big daisy, or any other way but through hands on experience. That is what we are HERE for, to guide people through the process and be open to newcomers. Please remember the Golden Rule, 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'
View Post Originally Posted by lkemper
Yes, I have noticed this too. Thank you so much for reminding everyone. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!
View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
A happy heart takes on information and receives it & returns it with a smile.
It is all in the presentation, isn't it
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #48
Webkinz :)

RainbowCrayon is on a distinguished road

Good thread!!! I'm new to this forum and still checking things out. I haven't run into any rudeness, and hopefully I don't.
RainbowCrayon is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #49
MissCloud9

That is DEFINATELY true! I guess I had never thought of it that way before! Thanks!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #50
Gifted

tpyo is a glorious beacon of lighttpyo is a glorious beacon of lighttpyo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by momluvswebkinz2
Thanks for this post. I am new here as of last week and I feel some of my questions are stupid but how else am I going to learn but from all the members who have been here awhile. I'm learning the abbr. for phrases and doing my best at posting in right area. It is all still confusing to me, forum, threads and my typing isn't all that great either, but I'm glad I found WI. It is so informational. So thanks for reminding others to just be nice.
I had to pipe up and say NO QUESTION is stupid. I have been here over a year, and still have troubles with things. I also know if I am patient enough my questions will be answered.

tpyo
tpyo is offline Female
Closed