Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #21
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Be kind and patient, they ARE new to WI

Smart! I know find it frustrating when newcomers break the rules but I never post rude things because they are so new.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #22
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

thanks for posting this dixie!
I'm not that new, but i'm not a senior yet, as i have many things i don't know about WI!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #23
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

I really wonder what makes people think that just because they are older than newer members, they can act superior. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, respect yours&others..
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #24
DES
Survivor and
Gift Guru

DES has disabled reputation

Oh Dixie you are so right, This place wouldn't be the same without Gingerly. She is so kind. As a fairly new member I was very hesitant to post - everyone seems to know everything. But then someone thanked me and I felt wonderful. Everyone has something to contribute - we just don't always know what it is right off. Maybe that person will be the person to give you a rep for being so nice about how that color is for mods or just for being so nice to a newbie. Let's all think before we type folks, we don't want to lose a new member because each one should be treated like a VIP.
DES is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #25
faeriespixiedust
Webkinz :)

LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

I have been fortunate enough not to have experienced anyone being rude or mean and I'm pretty new here. So I agree that If someone was rude or mean,I probably would have left WI and not came back. When I first joined I never formally introduced myself, instead I introduced myself on my profile page...LOL!!! I didn't know I was supposed to go to Hi, I'm Joe section on the forum. I was afraid to ask anyone cause I didn't want to annoy/bother anyone. That is just an example of how easy it is to misunderstand what your supposed to do. So people who are new are going to do alot of stuff wrong and post in the wrong places,etc. Patience and kindess is the key to having helpful member's, who in turn will be able to guide others into veteran memebers.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #26
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Hey DixieCup!
I just wanted to say that I am new to WI, have only been posting for a week, but have found that EVERYONE I've interacted with has been extremely kind and helpful.
I have not encounterd the rushed/rudeness responses you've spoken of- but if I had been on the receiving end of those I probably would not continue with my postings.
I think that you make an excellent point. Be kind to someone new, you never know what new and wonderful things they have to offer. It takes just as much time to type a rude response as it does to write a helpful and encouraging one.
Thanks for being one of the wonderful people I've encounted so far that are very helpful, supportive and understanding with those of us who are new and have not learned all the rules yet!
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #27
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I agree with you And also if someone new posts in the wrong section.... don't post yelling at them that they posted in the wrong section... Be WELCOMING! not mean
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #28
Gifted

hconnors is a jewel in the roughhconnors is a jewel in the rough

My experiences on WI have been great! I never did the Hi, I'm Joe thing and I've certainly posted questions that I've gone on to figure out for myself. However, people have been nothing but helpful and have gracefully directed me to the answers - I felt silly, but it was because of me, not anyone else. It's always hard to communicate via text because we miss inflections and tones that we would hear in verbal interactions. A good tip is to go back and read what you have written - as it is, rather than as you mean it to be.

Thanks to everyone for all you do!
hconnors is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #29
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I am SO glad that all of the experiences of you newer posters have been positive! I wrote the thread because I usually report the ones that are harsh, blunt or rude. Sometimes the person who has created the thread hasn't had a chance to see the post before a moderator action is taken.
Yes, it does fall on us, those who have been here longer than 3 months, to remember what it was like to be new and scared. To think that 'WOW, that person has 10,000 posts. They must know a LOT!' then you get kind of concerned about posting, thinking that someone has already asked this question. Don't keep it in the dark, knowledge is power!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #30
jms40
Gift Guru

jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!
jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!

This is a great reminder to everyone. I have only been on WI two weeks or a little more and have not encountered any "rudeness". In fact, everyone has been exceedingly helpful but I was nervous when I started out. Now, I know when I won't be new anymore (3 months you said Dixiecup, right?).

View Post Originally Posted by Norann44
Thanks Dixiecup for speaking up!!! I can't say that I've had anyone be rude to me yet at WI. However, I don't do much posting because I'm not really sure of what I'm doing or what the difference is between a thread and a post. I've been reluctant to ask questions, knowing that my answers are most likely already posted somewhere and I just need to find them. It's been a bit of a challenge. It's good to know that there are kind Insiders out there who won't look down on us Newcomers or not so computer savvy grannies. So thanks again and have a great day!!!
Noran44 - not sure if anyone told you the difference between a thread and a post or not. I think I have it figured out. A post is anything you type somewhere on WI (ie, how you make a comment, etc.). A thread is a whole group of posts such as the initial post that Dixiecup made here and we have all been replying to. Please post more! I have so enjoyed everyone I am meeting here on WI and we can't meet you if you don't post.
jms40 is offline Female
Closed