Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

Exclamation Justin, Wendy, or Mods - PLEASE HELP!

I need some help on the best way to navigate and manage the ever-growing (and hopefully, it will continue to grow!) "job tracking thread."

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...=1#post1836478

The thread will grow by necessity as people continue to post jobs, but as we are now starting to see a pattern emerge, that creates a sort of navigation dilemma.

1. I would like the "consolidated data" (in the first post) of the posted jobs to continue to be accessible so that (a) people can easily see and compare them to their own jobs if they want, but more importantly (b) if anyone wants to download them into their own spreadsheet kinda thing to do their own analysis, it's all there for them in one spot.

But as you can see, as we continue to add the jobs for each hour, the list gets longer and longer, in spite of trying to condense the format as tightly as possible. Ideally, I'd like to present a file of some sort - either just a plain text file or in a spreadsheet or something - so that people could view or download it if they want it, but not have it continue to grow to unwieldy proportions as the data continues to be collected.

The problem with that is that I don't seem to have (or don't know how to use) the appropriate tools to manage the uploads. I can't seem to get to all of my previously uploaded files to delete them to keep my quota down, and ideally, I would like to just be able to delete that same file as often as necessary and replace it with the newly updated one. Is that doable? If so, what am I doing wrong? I'd love to know how to do it! If not, do you have any suggestions for how I could accomplish that goal?

2. The fruit of all the teamwork labor has finally paid off and our resident statistician wizard, Bert_X, has discovered what appears to be an emerging pattern. We hope to discover even more (probably just in time for Ganz to change the behavior again LOL). But his stats post, which he keeps updated, is buried deep on page six in post #216. He has also started another post with the day's predictions a little further down. I thought it would be fine to just alert folks (via my update notes in the first post in the thread) to go to that post to see the stats, but it's tedious to get there, especially since the thread continues to grow.

I tried to see if there were any "jump tools" to allow you to instantly jump to the post of your choice, but I couldn't find any. I have referenced Bert's post on page one of the thread, but it still requires some tedious navigation to go there. Is there a better way to manage that "sticky" type of information within a thread?

If there is a better way to do this, I'm all eyes and ears! I'm hoping the thread keeps going for another few weeks so we can gather enough data to really see just how predictable (or not) the jobs can be, to help assuage the frustrations we're all experiencing with the new "one size fits all" EC behavior. Shame on Ms. Birdy for trying to force all of us square pegs into her round holes LOL.

Thanks so much!

WebkinzGram

Last edited by WebkinzGram; 10-01-2007 at 07:50 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Justin, Wendy, or Mods - PLEASE HELP!

I'll take a look at it and see if I can find a solution. Gimme a few minutes.
FIA is offline Female
Closed