Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
I Luv My Googles

Default JUSTIN PLEASE READ THIS!

Justin I need to ask you a couple of thigns but I can not PM you for some reason! Please PM me when you see this! It will only take a couple of minutes! Thanks in advance!

---------- I Luv My Googles added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later ----------

Please only a couple minutes I promise

Last edited by I Luv My Googles; 02-05-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: JUSTIN PLEASE READ THIS!

Justin turned off his PMs. Remember, if it is something about the site in general, you could always PM another admin or a mod. COWS4YOU is an admin, and she will help you out!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Sparkleberry

PM Wendy or COWS4U about it.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
iamabananahead
Webkinz :)

tzandwzya will become famous soon enough

um i do have something to say and if a mod or admin comes here i would really like them to see it. it kinda freaked me out because in one of the new adds at the top said "is car insurance to expensive i ____________*"(*a town that i live in half the time) r they like tracking the computers because i live in the town they siad and it scared me really bad! so ya
tzandwzya is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
I Luv My Googles

Wendy isnt on ill check again but (well i did PM her but she never responded.. and Cows4u cant help it is a compicated ? about it complicated LOL

---------- I Luv My Googles added 20 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

anyone? please justin it is important

Last edited by I Luv My Googles; 02-05-2008 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
cobrasocr
Gifted

Aslanathor is on a distinguished road

The other thing that seems to be an issue is the addition of pop-up ads! I have been using my browser, but I typically have 2-4 windows open which are EXTREMELY annoying. I agree and hope that the site has not gone "commercial". If it is too expensive to maintain, they might have to think about a nominal membership fee?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Gifted
HMLilly is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by tzandwzya
um i do have something to say and if a mod or admin comes here i would really like them to see it. it kinda freaked me out because in one of the new adds at the top said "is car insurance to expensive i ____________*"(*a town that i live in half the time) r they like tracking the computers because i live in the town they siad and it scared me really bad! so ya
No need to be freaked out, the ad just gets an idea of your location from your IP address and then tries to gear that ad specifically toward your area. It's just the way the internet works. Its actually a very common marketing strategy on the internet called geolocation. If you are on the internet, you will be assigned an IP address. An IP address is unique and will look something like this 68.40.238.16 Each group of number means something. It gets pretty technical so I won't go in to details but that IP address will give an idea on the region you are connecting to the internet from. Again, it's just the way the internet works. There is software you can download to block your IP address from being read. Probably some firewall software. I'm honestly not sure about that as I have never tried to block my IP address.

Remember, the ad isn't "thinking", it's just a program code full of numbers somewhere that just tries to gear its ad toward your area (like New York City or Dallas) so that is is more likely to interest you. Its not trying to find out where you live or anything like that, it just is wanting to make the ad more likely to be clicked on. Everybody on the internet has to have an IP address so that ad and others like it will do that to everybody.

Last edited by HMLilly; 02-05-2008 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: spelling fix
Closed