Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Just a Remdier (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/just-remdier-447814/)

monkeysgirl12-30-2008 08:44 AM

Just a Remdier

Alot laely I have seen people post there age. It's against the law (i thnk) to post your age
So this is a remdier to dont post your age:)

AnthonysMommy12-30-2008 08:46 AM

Re: Just a Remdier

Great reminder. Unfortunately it's not against the law, but it is against WI rules for kids to post their age and it's never a good idea to give any personal info on the internet. Thanks!

Dixiecup12-30-2008 08:49 AM

No, it isn't against the law to post your age :) It is for security and safety of our users that ages are not allowed to be posted. Just like you don't post the City you live in, the school you go to, your team mascot or team colors or pictures of yourself. This could all lead to a stalker finding out important information on you and possibly having something harmful occur.
I agree, don't post ANY personal information.
I like to think that we ALL are more cautious and would never let anything happen to our wonderful members, but sometimes things like this slip through the cracks :( So, don't post any personal info, even in your profiles.

monkeysgirl12-30-2008 08:52 AM

Good point! Yeah i totlay agree with you

FOREIGN12-30-2008 09:48 AM

It isn't against the law, I don't think that WI would be able to do that, :D
Thanks for the reminder though, no on should be posting their age or full name [BIGGIE] city or town. States i think are OK, because they are so big and countries are fine, unless they are a mile wide. :D

Tj0312-30-2008 09:53 AM

If you see someone doing this in a post, flag the post to bring it to a mod's attention and they will delete the info that is not allowed. Thanks for the reminder! :)

BackFlip1512-30-2008 10:02 AM

No, it's not against the law to post your age, but you shouldn't because of safety reasons. Any personal information was asked of WI for people NOT to post personal information so that everyone would be kept safe. It isn't a LAW, it's simply a WI RULE.
I also agree though that no one should post personal information. It keeps you safe from online predators.
Stay Safe!

~mrs.edwardcullen

JonasBros1912-30-2008 10:05 AM

No, t isnt against the law, but it s against the WI rules.
So please do not post your age or any other personal
info on the internet. It is for your safety, and f you see
someone give out personal info, please flag it and bring it
to a mods attention.

J Isabelle12-30-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj03 (Post 12233965)
If you see someone doing this in a post, flag the post to bring it to a mod's attention and they will delete the info that is not allowed.

What if someone mistakes my middle name for a last name? That has happened before on another forum.

Jeanette Isabelle

12-30-2008 10:06 AM

Good point and reminder. We shouldnt post wh age or grade. Because when you post your grade, people can find out easily how old you are. Thats just how it works. Rep for you!