Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

Default Just a quick safety reminder!

Heres just a few safety tips for you!
Alot of peoples accounts have been getting hacked lately so heres a few tips on how to prevent that!

1. Keep your pet codes in a box and well hidden!!!
2. Change your password once and a while!
3. Don't tell your password, and if you do change it right away!
4. It's not the best idea to write your password down it could fall into the wrong hands!

If you do get hacked!
1. Try changing your password
2. If #1 doesn't work call Ganz for a username change
3. Find some good and trusted friends, and people on WI and send your stuff to them until everything is settled, then they can send it back!

Tips from other members!

View Post Originally Posted by Tango
Also, I think that instead of changing your password, try changing it on a different computer, cause you could have a keylogger, and they'll know your secret code if you try changing the password, which makes it even worse.

View Post Originally Posted by Lindsay
If you don't want to send it to people -- if there's no one you trust with your items -- you could adopt a pet onto a new account and send them there!

Last edited by brownpig; 08-27-2008 at 10:25 PM..
brownpig is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
My dog likes
Webkinz :)

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

Default Re: Just a quick safety reminder!

View Post Originally Posted by brownpig
Heres just a few safety tips for you!
Alot of peoples accounts have been getting hacked lately so heres a few tips on how to prevent that!

1. Keep your pet codes in a box and well hidden!!!
2. Change your password regularly
3. Don't tell your password, and if you do change it right away!

If you do get hacked!
1. Try changing your password
2. If #1 doesn't work call Ganz for a username change
3. Find some good and trusted friends, and people on WI and send your stuff to them until everything is settled, then they can send it back!
I don't think you should change your password regularly cause my friend who always forgets her password had to change it like a million times, and there's a point where you no longer decide what your password is, it's just random numbers and letters witch makes it even harder to remember. At least I think it was like that. Also, I think that instead of changing your password, try changing it on a different computer, cause you could have a keylogger, and they'll know your secret code if you try changing the password, which makes it even worse. Otherwise, good advice!!
Tango is offline Female
Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
lizzie
Gifted

tacobell222 has disabled reputation

Woah now, why find someone on WI to give this stuff to. You don't know he/she. Give a trusted sibling or some you know personally like a best friend.But the rest is good tips.

♥~Tacobell222
tacobell222 is offline Female
Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
$@Nta = Stalker

MotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of lightMotherKinz101 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the tips. But I'm not so sure about giving it too another WI member even if you know they are trusted when it comes to super awesome cool retired items you can't be so sure. But thanks anyways for the other tips!
MotherKinz101 is offline Female
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Lindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond reputeLindsay has a reputation beyond repute

Very good tips! If you don't want to send it to people -- if there's no one you trust with your items -- you could adopt a pet onto a new account and send them there!
Lindsay is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

I myself have made a mistake with losing my secret code. I ended up getting a new webkinz account. You should follow these rules because if you ever end up losing your password or secret code, you will feel like you lost everything. I have experienced this and I really felt horrible. Now I take good care of my codes and I do not share passwords ever.
Thank you for posting this, everyone should know and follow your rules.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
SunnyGal10

Very Good Tips thanks!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

Great tips!!

The only problem I can find in your whole post is that Ganz won't change your username I don't think.
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
cleothepig
Gifted

cleothepig has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the tips! I feel really bad for people who have had their account's hacked and I hope mine doesn't get hacked. I will keep these in mind, thanks! :]
cleothepig is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

yes Ganz can change ur username is cases like this

updated!

---------- brownpig added 1133 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

anyone else

Last edited by brownpig; 08-28-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
brownpig is offline Female
Closed