Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Just a quick safety reminder! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/just-quick-safety-reminder-378746/)

brownpig08-25-2008 12:59 PM

Just a quick safety reminder!

Heres just a few safety tips for you!
Alot of peoples accounts have been getting hacked lately so heres a few tips on how to prevent that!

1. Keep your pet codes in a box and well hidden!!!
2. Change your password once and a while!
3. Don't tell your password, and if you do change it right away!
4. It's not the best idea to write your password down it could fall into the wrong hands!

If you do get hacked!
1. Try changing your password
2. If #1 doesn't work call Ganz for a username change
3. Find some good and trusted friends, and people on WI and send your stuff to them until everything is settled, then they can send it back!

Tips from other members!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 10120181)
Also, I think that instead of changing your password, try changing it on a different computer, cause you could have a keylogger, and they'll know your secret code if you try changing the password, which makes it even worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay (Post 10130491)
If you don't want to send it to people -- if there's no one you trust with your items -- you could adopt a pet onto a new account and send them there!

Tango08-25-2008 01:04 PM

Re: Just a quick safety reminder!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownpig (Post 10120094)
Heres just a few safety tips for you!
Alot of peoples accounts have been getting hacked lately so heres a few tips on how to prevent that!

1. Keep your pet codes in a box and well hidden!!!
2. Change your password regularly
3. Don't tell your password, and if you do change it right away!

If you do get hacked!
1. Try changing your password
2. If #1 doesn't work call Ganz for a username change
3. Find some good and trusted friends, and people on WI and send your stuff to them until everything is settled, then they can send it back!

I don't think you should change your password regularly cause my friend who always forgets her password had to change it like a million times, and there's a point where you no longer decide what your password is, it's just random numbers and letters witch makes it even harder to remember. At least I think it was like that. Also, I think that instead of changing your password, try changing it on a different computer, cause you could have a keylogger, and they'll know your secret code if you try changing the password, which makes it even worse. Otherwise, good advice!! :)

tacobell22208-25-2008 03:48 PM

Woah now, why find someone on WI to give this stuff to. You don't know he/she. Give a trusted sibling or some you know personally like a best friend.But the rest is good tips.

♥~Tacobell222

MotherKinz10108-25-2008 03:56 PM

Thanks for the tips. But I'm not so sure about giving it too another WI member even if you know they are trusted when it comes to super awesome cool retired items you can't be so sure. But thanks anyways for the other tips!

Lindsay08-25-2008 08:38 PM

Very good tips! If you don't want to send it to people -- if there's no one you trust with your items -- you could adopt a pet onto a new account and send them there!

FunnyHoney08-26-2008 08:15 AM

I myself have made a mistake with losing my secret code. I ended up getting a new webkinz account. You should follow these rules because if you ever end up losing your password or secret code, you will feel like you lost everything. I have experienced this and I really felt horrible. Now I take good care of my codes and I do not share passwords ever.
Thank you for posting this, everyone should know and follow your rules.:)

08-26-2008 07:22 PM

Very Good Tips thanks!

leahme99908-26-2008 07:31 PM

Great tips!!

The only problem I can find in your whole post is that Ganz won't change your username I don't think.

cleothepig08-26-2008 07:33 PM

Thanks for the tips! I feel really bad for people who have had their account's hacked and I hope mine doesn't get hacked. I will keep these in mind, thanks! :]

brownpig08-28-2008 05:17 PM

yes Ganz can change ur username is cases like this

updated!

---------- brownpig added 1133 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

anyone else