Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #31
Baby252

Default Re: Just to let everyone know

Hi yes good point. I think it's just typing BUMP but I don't think you can type COME HERE!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #32
487-876-pm me-for-GE
Gifted

.:CHEEZE:. is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you bump your GE thread?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #33
contessa2007
Gift Guru

contessa2007 has a spectacular aura aboutcontessa2007 has a spectacular aura about

Arrow Re: Just to let everyone know

View Post Originally Posted by Boudica
Oh, and when someone creates a thread that isn't asking for help but doesn't get any replies but they still go ahead and post something else (even though they don't use the word bump) I would think that's still considering BUMPING since what they are doing is putting their thread back on top.

Some people are just using semantics to say it's not bumping unless I type the words BUMP.

Could you please clarify on both of these points for me? Thanks!
Agreed, this is going to be confusing, and what is the point of the rule if people will just use other language to bump their threads? I see "bump behavior" all the time -- it should be the intent that is discouraged, not just the word itself.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #34
Baby252

View Post Originally Posted by .:CHEEZE:.
Can you bump your GE thread?
Yep. Only there though.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #35
zboy3100
Gifted

zboy3100 will become famous soon enough

thank you for the heads up!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #36
Baby252

Your welcome!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #37
Boudica

Post Re: Just to let everyone know

View Post Originally Posted by contessa2007
Agreed, this is going to be confusing, and what is the point of the rule if people will just use other language to bump their threads? I see "bump behavior" all the time -- it should be the intent that is discouraged, not just the word itself.
Yes! That was exactly the point I was making. I went back and read earlier posts in this thread and saw people posting things like "it's not bumping because I didn't use the word BUMP". Some people seem to think that it's okay to bump their threads IF they use a different phrase other than bump. No matter what phrase you use it to put your thread back on top because it's getting to the bottom of the page, you're still bumping it.

That's why I asked cynalot to please clarify this. Also, I'd like to know if I'm right that it is okay to bump when you've asked for help and not received it. I know I've asked for help a few times and the thread got buried and I waited 20-30 mins before asking again (on the same thread of course).

So yeah. It would be nice to have this clarified about "it's not bumping because I didn't use the word bump".
Old 11-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #38
Baby252

View Post Originally Posted by Boudica
Yes! That was exactly the point I was making. I went back and read earlier posts in this thread and saw people posting things like "it's not bumping because I didn't use the word BUMP". Some people seem to think that it's okay to bump their threads IF they use a different phrase other than bump. No matter what phrase you use it to put your thread back on top because it's getting to the bottom of the page, you're still bumping it.

That's why I asked cynalot to please clarify this. Also, I'd like to know if I'm right that it is okay to bump when you've asked for help and not received it. I know I've asked for help a few times and the thread got buried and I waited 20-30 mins before asking again (on the same thread of course).

So yeah. It would be nice to have this clarified about "it's not bumping because I didn't use the word bump".
Hmmm yeah your right. Well at lest there saying something other then BUMP. I think you could type Please help me!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #39
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

Just to clarify the confusion regarding "bumping"...

The words used do not matter, if you do not have a contribution to the thread, then your post is considered "fluff" and will be deleted as such. If you wish to move a thread back to the top so that it will be seen, try to find something to contribute to the thread. If you have started the thread and are seeking advice/help/opinions, I am sure you can find a way to make a contributing post to your own thread.

The problem in the forum is that many members will simply run around "bumping" up threads for no purpose other than to increase their post count. This will no longer be tolerated.

Please try to make every post a contributing one and for those that reach their rainbow...or even spinning stars... take pride in the fact that you did not need to go around posting a bunch of fluff in order to attain them.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #40
Boudica

Thumbs up Re: Just to let everyone know

View Post Originally Posted by cynalot
Just to clarify the confusion regarding "bumping"...

The words used do not matter, if you do not have a contribution to the thread, then your post is considered "fluff" and will be deleted as such. If you wish to move a thread back to the top so that it will be seen, try to find something to contribute to the thread. If you have started the thread and are seeking advice/help/opinions, I am sure you can find a way to make a contributing post to your own thread.

The problem in the forum is that many members will simply run around "bumping" up threads for no purpose other than to increase their post count. This will no longer be tolerated.

Please try to make every post a contributing one and for those that reach their rainbow...or even spinning stars... take pride in the fact that you did not need to go around posting a bunch of fluff in order to attain them.
Thanks so much! This also seems to include saying "thank you" every time someone responds on your thread, too. This kind of reply doesn't contribute to the actual conversation but it does keep bumping the thread right back to the top.

And yes, when I posted for help and didn't get it after 20-30 minutes, I added a little more detail when I made another post on my own thread or if not detail, at least a bit more conversation than "hey look here".
Closed