Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #61
rabidkitten
Webkinz :)

rabidkitten is on a distinguished road

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
If you let it turn into a popularity contest, it will. I've noticed a lot of things like this seem to be in our heads. My eyes tend to just pass over how many boxes a person has. Just focus on the content of the reply, rather than the quantity of the boxes.

And, it's a nice way to recognize the members who are helpful here.
I could not agree with you more. Rep points to you!!!
rabidkitten is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #62
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

well i do agree that the need for rep is outrageous, even though it doesnt mean much!
i disagree that they should be taken away though! just cuz if theres someone who is a huge help, very trusted... then people can see that there a good person to go to
brownpig is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #63
t w i l i g h t
Gift Trainee

kinzluvor will become famous soon enough

Alright so Rep. Points are not for populartity!! They are for when you do good things they are basiclly things that said that you did a good job, and dont even look at them when you are posting. They arent even that special to me, they dont matter. I wouldnt be like okay if i do this type of thread i will get rep points!! I wont do that i only do what i have to do becuase thats what i have to do.

so thank you for taking the time to read this post and thank you for listening to me

~kinzluvor
kinzluvor is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #64
Gift Guru

webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine
webkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshinewebkinzworld14 is a ray of sunshine

I think that rep points should be kept. I don't think that they are a popularity contest because we don't give it because we think that they are popular. ( you shouldn't) Rep is supposed to be for helpfulness, not popularity.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #65
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by brownpig
well i do agree that the need for rep is outrageous, even though it doesnt mean much!
i disagree that they should be taken away though! just help, cuz if theres someone who is a huge very trusted... then people can see that there a good person to go to
Perfect, brownpig! You are like. the 1st person that I've seen on this thread say that.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #66
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by leahme999
I disagree. I don't think that it's a popularity contest, just what people choose to believe. It doesn't matter to me, but you should be known for how nice you are, but not how "popular".

My opinion exactly.
pianolover is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #67
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
Perfect, brownpig! You are like. the 1st person that I've seen on this thread say that.
thanks ice!
brownpig is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #68
Wilt456
Gifted

Hopper is on a distinguished road

Your opinion makes a point.
Hopper is offline Male
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #69
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

......and here's another thought.....Many members help others via PMs, which we
can't possibly know about, or *see.*
Rep points are absolutely given, for help through pms.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #70
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I believe reputation is something that really makes people feel good about themselves. If reputation is given appropriately, it should never become a popularity contest. You give it when something is helpful and not just because they are "popular" or it is the "cool thing to do."

I think it would be a huge shame if they were removed because the users that are very helpful deserve that one little thing for what they do. If you look at and are envious at all of the users with lots of bars--then you can be one. All you have to do is be helpful!

Lastly, I think if anything, it is a motivation for people to be even more helpful.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed