Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #31
I Love You
Webkinz :)

lilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

I am sorry but I disagree. I think it is a genorise way to give someone your thanks! And a good goal to reach.
lilpanda123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #32
minidachshund95

CCRABS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

I disagree completely. Whenever someone helps me out with something I give them a rep point for being helpful. I am pretty sure that is what most people use it for.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #33
Gift Guru

Wina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2many
I think that rep points are more for recognizing helpful posters than a popularity contest. I can see how you it could be interpreted as a popularity contest though.
I agree. It's a nice/simple way to let someone know they were helpful.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #34
jurneez

Carriejoseph is an unknown quantity at this point

???I feel kind of dumb but I don't understand what rep points mean and other little things I see like that, Is there a list of some kind on here? I've also noticed gifts ???? Is there a place where I can get this kind of information. I am unsure of all this because I have just recently found WI Any help would be appreciated. I also noticed the word bump this AM Help Me pleaaaaase Carrie jurneez
Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #35
I♥Harry Potter
Gifted

kajika will become famous soon enough

I love giving out rep to people who post helpful, informative, or even funny posts. I also love finding that I have been given rep for one of those reasons. I don't think of it as popularity at all. I just gave rep for the person that solved Spineretti - those recipes are tough to solve and now thanks to the hard work, we can all make it. When I was working on pomeadrone punch I gave rep to lots of people that were also making lots of gak, blech and gunk - we all spent lots of KC trying to make that recipe. I think we should all remember to give freely of the praise (rep) and not be so critical.

---------- kajika added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Carriejoseph
???I feel kind of dumb but I don't understand what rep points mean and other little things I see like that, Is there a list of some kind on here? I've also noticed gifts ???? Is there a place where I can get this kind of information. I am unsure of all this because I have just recently found WI Any help would be appreciated. I also noticed the word bump this AM Help Me pleaaaaase Carrie jurneez
Welcome to WI, I think you will like it here. I would say you should read the FAQ and Rules, thes will help explain everything to you. If you have any other questions please feel free to post on my page and I will help you out.

Last edited by kajika; 09-14-2008 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kajika is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #36
Gift Trainee

jehannah4 will become famous soon enough

If you will go up towards the top and click on the green FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), you can read ALL ABOUT REPUTATION. That should answer all of your questions, Carriejoseph.

j
Old 09-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #37
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

It's OK you're new! Have you ever noticed a thumbs-up at the bottom of somebody post, below their avvie? If you click on it you can say a phrase and it will go to them. It always brightens someone's day to see they're appreciated! Rep Boxes are explained at the bottom of this post. Gifts are for people who train, and then they can send gifts to each other of WW. Bumping is actually not allowed out of the Gifted Center, so please don't do it. Rep Boxes are the number of rep someone has.
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #38

beachrox will become famous soon enough

Reputation boxes aren't a contest. We shouldn't let it turn into one either. Those boxes are there to let you know how much rep a user has. If they have a lot of boxes, it means they have a lot of reputation.
beachrox is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #39
derrie100

Derrie is on a distinguished road

I disagree completely they are there to give thanks to helpful posters without having to post thanks, or other things like that!
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
CMMama

scrapperkimmyd is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
...especially the cool little phrases that come up when you scroll over them.
I didn't know that! Thanks - rep points for that!

???...I also noticed the word bump this AM Help Me pleaaaaase Carrie jurneez
People "bump" a post back to the top by replying on it - that way more people can see it.

Although, I tried to bump something back to the top (2 posts that I did that no one ever replied to) and I had to write more than just "bump" for it to be accepted.
scrapperkimmyd is offline Female
Closed