Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
I'm finally a
Webkinz :)

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

Default This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

This does NOT make sense to me. You know how popularity contests aren't allowed? Well isn't that almost the exact same thing as rep boxes!? Does anyone else have a feeling on this? It's OK if you don't agree, everyone has their own opinion, just be nice.
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

If you let it turn into a popularity contest, it will. I've noticed a lot of things like this seem to be in our heads. My eyes tend to just pass over how many boxes a person has. Just focus on the content of the reply, rather than the quantity of the boxes.

And, it's a nice way to recognize the members who are helpful here.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

Default Re: This just doesn't make sense to me. I think Rep Boxes should be taken away.

I disagree. I don't think that it's a popularity contest, just what people choose to believe. It doesn't matter to me, but you should be known for how nice you are, but not how "popular".
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
I'm finally a

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Mistihoward
Gift Guru

Mom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I think that rep points are more for recognizing helpful posters than a popularity contest. I can see how you it could be interpreted as a popularity contest though.
Mom2many is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

No, I don't think it's almsot the exact same..Popularity is how famous or well-know a user is.
reputation is if someone is reliable,trustworthy, friendly,etc. or scamming, mean, tricky, challenging,etc. Rep. can be good or bad.

But, I'll give you a rep point because you seem to be safe, and friendly.

Last edited by swisscheese101; 09-13-2008 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Deleting Statement
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
Mistihoward
Gift Guru

Mom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I'd also like to add that giving rep and getting rep lets the person know that they were helpful. Its a nice gesture.
Mom2many is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
I'm finally a

Thank you Swisscheese101 and Mom2many!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
fallbullet4
Gifted

smurfette6496 has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm, well I have to disagree with you on that,

I think it's a great way to show someone that you really appreciated their input on something, or just for being a great user. I never thought of it as a popularity contest..,. Thanks for bringing it up!
smurfette6496 is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Hey GatorGirl. I personally don't even notice the rep boxes when I'm reading someone's post. I think they are actually a neat addition especially the cool little phrases that come up when you scroll over them.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Closed