Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #21
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Default Re: Just to be aware.

Good point. I like how you are being respectful to other people that don't celebrate christmas.
You are very thoughtful Rep!
vanvan20 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #22
Webkinz :)

rodsbaby is just really nicerodsbaby is just really nice

LETS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THE WAY EACH OF US AROUND THE WORLD BELEIVES!
THAT WAY EVERYONE ENJOYS IT. LET US HAVE FUN AND REMEMBER WHY WE CELEBRATE THE SEASON AND NOT SNUB THOSE WHO DO NOT AND VICE VERSA! IT IS A TIME TO BE MERRY, HAPPY AND FUN OF CHEER! SO GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY!!!

Last edited by rodsbaby; 11-16-2008 at 02:36 AM..
rodsbaby is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:06 AM   #23
Kurei... I am gifted
Gifted

Kureiryu is just really niceKureiryu is just really nice

this is why i opted to put winter senes on my ge insted of christmas
Kureiryu is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #24
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

My best friends are a Catholic, a Morman, and a Buddhist. The thing is, we are such a diverse group of friends but we aren't afraid of making each other feel bad. My Buddhist friend understands that Christmas is a BIG thing for Catholics and so she will come to our Christmas events and participate even though it's not her thing... why? Because she respects who I am and she enjoys the celebration for the enjoyment of friends and family rather than the religious aspect.

I think it's great to think of others but Christmas is simply a big thing... to tell people to suppress their excitement is like telling a kid Santa doesn't exist. Just kidding. No, my point is, there are alot of things I don't celebrate.. Cinco de Mayo, Kwanzaa, Canadian Thanksgiving, Dia de los Muertos... but when China town holds the annual Chinese New Year celebration... I would not want them to hold back on account of me because I'm not Chinese. My BF has a special baby shower that Buddhist do, I would not miss it just because I'm not Buddhist... it's too important to her. Am I allowed in the Temple, no, but I get to go to the after party.

Understanding goes both ways. Just because you don't believe in God does not mean I shouldn't wear a cross for fear it would offend you. Do you know what I mean? I'm not trying to be mean or un-understanding. I'm trying to say that courtesy should extend to those who don't celebrate as much as those who do.

So, no, not everyone celebrates Christmas but if you don't and you want us to suppress our excitment...well, isn't that a bit selfish? Did we suppress Halloween? It's a Pagan holiday yet no one complained about it. I will not force my religion on others (and my friendships prove my tolerance) but I will not let others suppress my beliefs either as I will not suppress other people's beliefs. I am a true believer in freedom...

I know you mean well by your post but sometimes we try to understand others so much that we are willing to lose ourselves. I don't think those who don't celebrate Christmas would ever want us to do that...at least not the good people on WI.... I do admit there are people out there who would want me to suppress my holiday cheer just because they don't like it... but I like to think there is more tolerance here.

So let the rocks fly... really, this is my opinion and I can take your shots at me on this one... I believe too much in tolerance to back down.

Last edited by Azriel; 11-16-2008 at 03:15 AM..
Azriel is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #25

rodsbaby is just really nicerodsbaby is just really nice

AZRIEL. YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THIS ONE! I TOTALLY AGREE! I TOO HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE OF DIFF. BACKGROUNDS AND RELIGIONS AS MYSELF. I DO NOT GET OFFENDED AT THEIR BELEIFES AND THEY DO NOT AT MINE! SO SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT AS GREETING , BUT AS FOR ME I USUALLY SAY MERRYU CHRISTMAS FOR IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND THOSE AROUND ME. I DO NOT SAY IT TO OFFEND SOMEONE OR TO NOT LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT THAN ME. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE OUR FREEDOM AND I AM GLAD WE DO! SO YOU GO GIRL AND LETS ALL BE GRACIOUS ABOUT THIS . WE ARE ALL HERE TO BELIEVE AS WE LIKE. THAT MY FRIENDS IS CALLED--- FREEDOM! ENJOY IT ONE DAY WE MAY NOT HAVE IT! GOD FORBID!
rodsbaby is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

But, if you do celebrate Christmas, it is okay for you to get those Christmas avatars and signatures! Right? Can we get a mod to clarify that?? xD
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

good point! I think It's fine to spread cheer but don't make fun of someone or point them out because they don't and minimaid has a good point too! =)

good thread
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #28
Wavbug luvs her kinz
Wavbug is on a distinguished road

I agree that not all people celebrate the holiday, that not all people believe the way some of us do, and I agree not to point any fingers. In the same respect, I hope that everyone that does celebrate this time of year, does it with joy in their hearts, and understanding without prejudice. Likewise those who don't I wish you endless happiness each and everyday and hope that you can enjoy this. This is the reason for the season and we will each enjoy everyday that passes with a renewed sense of compassion and understanding as well as tolerance.
Wavbug is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #29
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Of course it is perfectly fine to have Christmas avies, Hanaukkah avies, or any winter holiday avie you'd like. This is the HOLIDAY season --- all holidays.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #30
t w i l i g h t
Gift Trainee

kinzluvor will become famous soon enough

good point everyone doesnt celebrate chritmas!!! we should apppereciate everyone's holidays too!!'

HAPPY VERY MANY HOLIDAYS EVRYONE!!
kinzluvor is offline Female
Closed