Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Jealousy... and how to avoid it

Hi there, and thanks for viewing this thread!

Lately I've been feeling jealous. There are members that have green spinnies (who doesn't want those?) and I really like them. Also, there are members that have joined WI later than I did, and have more Giftz/posts/friends than I have. I know it's NOT a popularity contest here, but I'm sure many of you are also feeling the same way.

Everytime I think about that, I remind myself:

-You are just as important as any of them
-The circumstances might be different
-There is no reason to be jealous.
-Why not focus on being the best YOU can be?
-It's the inside that matters, not the outside. (Thanks, Bob!)

I especially like the last one, and I follow it most of the time. It actually brings up my mood, and I hope it'll help some others. Just be yourself.

Feel free to post ideas/comments/constructive criticism! If you (or someone else) has made a thread like this recently, please let me know so I can have this thread closed. Thanks!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 02-28-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Jealousy... and how to avoid it

Good thread! I agree. I get jealous when I see someone that's Gifted who joined in December. REP!

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 02-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock
Good thread! I agree. I get jealous when I see someone that's Gifted who joined in December. REP!

-Pugs
Thank you! I've been feeling that twinge of jealousy a lot lately, although I've come so far since I've started.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i get jealous a lot too!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
I may or may
Gifted

Ilovemom619 knows the way
Ilovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the way

Post Re: Jealousy... and how to avoid it

Great thread i do not really get jealous when people have more posts than i do (of course i do like the spinnies).I get jealous of everybody that is gifted.

~~Ilovemom619
Ilovemom619 is offline Male
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by pupso98
yeah i get jealous a lot too!
I'm sure many of us feel that way Thank you for your opinion!

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovemom619
Great thread i do not really get jealous when people have more posts than i do (of course i do like the spinnies).I get jealous of everybody that is gifted.

~~Ilovemom619
Thanks, ilovemom! I don't really care about the posts either, but I do love the new spinnies Thanks for your opinion!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 02-28-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the reminder! I admit that I'm a little jealous that only certain people get those realy, really cool green spinnies. And because they are people who got gifted with way less time on WI then me. But I know that vanvan20 didn't intend for people to get jealous...

♥puppiesrock465♥
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
Thanks for the reminder! I admit that I'm a little jealous that only certain people get those realy, really cool green spinnies. And because they are people who got gifted with way less time on WI then me. But I know that vanvan20 didn't intend for people to get jealous...

♥puppiesrock465♥
Thank you, puppies!

I agree; it took me about a month and a half to get Gifted. There are many others who became gifted within a month, and I really was jealous about that. Vanvan definitely didn't want people to get jealous. I think it was a wonderful suggestion
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

dogluver, i completley agree. i know this is hard to believe..but i once felt the twinge of jealousy about you..i mean, gift guru, lime rep, and all of that came out of you joining only a few months before i did.

then i realized something...rep and post and titles did not matter, it is the person on the inside that really matters. it doensn't matter if you have 5 gold boxes of rep or 1 gray one, 10000 post or 10, being a lil kinz of a gift guru...everyone has something to contribute. don't be jealous of dixiecup because she has so many boxes, or of your friend because they got gifted before you did. just try to be the nicest, most helpful, and kind person you can be, and soon you will find yourself rewarded with great friends, and if you crave them, fancy titles and lots of post

thanks for the great reminder
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
dogluver, i completley agree. i know this is hard to believe..but i once felt the twinge of jealousy about you..i mean, gift guru, lime rep, and all of that came out of you joining only a few months before i did.

then i realized something...rep and post and titles did not matter, it is the person on the inside that really matters. it doensn't matter if you have 5 gold boxes of rep or 1 gray one, 10000 post or 10, being a lil kinz of a gift guru...everyone has something to contribute. don't be jealous of dixiecup because she has so many boxes, or of your friend because they got gifted before you did. just try to be the nicest, most helpful, and kind person you can be, and soon you will find yourself rewarded with great friends, and if you crave them, fancy titles and lots of post

thanks for the great reminder
Thank you so much, Bob!

I really loved reading this post- I completely 110% agree with it. I admit I've been jealous of you before too... you're always so cheerful and helpful around the forum and before I saw some of your posts, I didn't know how. It's the INSIDE that matters, thank you so much for bringing that up!
Closed