Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #51
Gift Guru

kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!

Default Re: i've been hit:(

I'm glad your computer is ok.My dad's computer just caught a virus,too a couple days ago.So that's why I'm on my mom's computer right now.I'm pretty sure his computer didn't catch a virus from WI though.
kitty668 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #52
Hollister1107
Webkinz :)

Hollister1107 is on a distinguished road

hmmmm
IDK sorry
Hollister1107 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #53
Gifted
hookedonwebkinz is on a distinguished road

I am having some sort of problem here too. Everytime I log on, my antivirus software pops up saying this is a dangerous site and instructs me to close the window. I have also been getting an insane amount of popups even with my pop up blocker. I wonder what is going on? I haven't had this happen anywhere else.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #54
raymao and elizco
Gifted

ILuvGoober has a spectacular aura about

I've got something on my PC that is making the CPU run at 100% and slowing the heck out of everything. Arte gets stuck with his eyes shut! I have scanned and scanned and it finds something everytime but it says it cannot remove all the problems ..

I think my problem is called "Zlob. Downloader" and it is terrible!
Anyone ever heard of this? It is putting "tracking cookies" on the system. I have to borrow hubbys laptop and scared it will ruin his too!
ILuvGoober is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 AM   #55
Diabetes Awareness

gma2r is a WI addict!
gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I don't believe it is intentional, but I also do not trust the ads here. A lot of the ones at the top are designed to stretch down over the tabs so you accidentally click them. That's as obnoxious as a pop up to me. I always click carefully when using the forum tab at the top.

I have security on my computer six ways from Sunday so I hope I am safe but I am already annoyed by the ad here on WI that has that drop down thingy that takes up aobut 1/3 of the page. I never click on ads, banners, etc. and to have this happening is really frustrating. I could easily click on this by mistake and then who knows what problems could arise. I have spent a lot of money to keep my computer secure and for me to come to WI and run into this is annoying.
gma2r is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #56
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i just read on that other thread that justin said they dont use drop down ads on wi................ yet i got that same huge drop down ad today, the game one. i had to click it off five times befoe i could read anything. i dont knwo if that is how we are getting infected. but justin said they dont have drop downs................. he said this happened a long time ago and since, that it is an old problem. im paraphrasing....................................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #57
loony9083

momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
i just read on that other thread that justin said they dont use drop down ads on wi................ yet i got that same huge drop down ad today, the game one. i had to click it off five times befoe i could read anything. i dont knwo if that is how we are getting infected. but justin said they dont have drop downs................. he said this happened a long time ago and since, that it is an old problem. im paraphrasing....................................
i am faily new to the computer world and on WI since aug? are the drop down ads you speak of, the same as pop ups? i have been getting alot of pop ups starting yesterday. never have before that, that i can recall. thanks for any input on this.
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #58
Honored to be a

blueyes1113 knows the way
blueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by ILuvGoober
I've got something on my PC that is making the CPU run at 100% and slowing the heck out of everything. Arte gets stuck with his eyes shut! I have scanned and scanned and it finds something everytime but it says it cannot remove all the problems ..

I think my problem is called "Zlob. Downloader" and it is terrible!
Anyone ever heard of this? It is putting "tracking cookies" on the system. I have to borrow hubbys laptop and scared it will ruin his too!
Try running AD-AWARE on your computer, there is a FREE vers. on the internet... my DH ran it on my computer and found 500 infections, i just ran it on my computer after comming to this site and WW this morning (the only 2 i went to yestarday and today) and had 200 more infections....AD-AWARE will safly remove them...My husband also said the viruses people are getting are probably not from the site itself, but from the MY SPACE and other site graphics people are using and sending in vistor messages and PM's My husband is a systems eng. 3. works with computer, routers and Servers all day long, i trust what he says

Last edited by blueyes1113; 11-13-2008 at 10:04 AM..
blueyes1113 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #59
Gift Trainee

MissGoddess1 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with blue eyes, and by the way, a beautiful picture as your logo. Anyway, I strongly suggest installing and running ad-aware and avast. Both are free and they protect against virus and spyware. They have worked great for me and have actually be suggested over lots of other programs. c-net has the download, but any search for ad-aware or avast will get it for you. It is free so don't sign up for anything or pay for anything...just go to another site. Hope this helps.
MissGoddess1 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #60
Honored to be a

blueyes1113 knows the way
blueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by MissGoddess1
Yes, I agree with blue eyes, and by the way, a beautiful picture as your logo. Anyway, I strongly suggest installing and running ad-aware and avast. Both are free and they protect against virus and spyware. They have worked great for me and have actually be suggested over lots of other programs. c-net has the download, but any search for ad-aware or avast will get it for you. It is free so don't sign up for anything or pay for anything...just go to another site. Hope this helps.
Thanks sooo much, and i love te love pup, i just missed it when i found WW, or should i say it found me
blueyes1113 is offline Female
Closed