Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default It's okay to report people!

I'd like the people that don't know this to realize this:
It's okay to report people.

I must admit, I hesitate sometimes before reporting someone, but I know that it helps the staff to be aware of what's going wrong. If the person posts their age or phone number or something like that, and you report them, it doesn't mean they will get in trouble. It means you are HELPING them! You're doing them a favor! No one wants their personal information shared on the internet but sometimes we slip and forget.

Also, sometimes you don't know if something is really wrong. It's better to report the post (or whatever it is, anyway) to let the staff know and leave it to them to decide if it should be dealt with or if it isn't really a problem. You won't be in trouble for reporting something that you thought needs to be handled but really doesn't! You were helping the staff, you were doing the right thing.

Please know, also, that the flag button doesn't always need to be used for bad posts. If a person discovered something new and important, you may want to flag it for the staff to see.

Please keep this in mind.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: It's okay to report people!

I agree 100%!
What happens if you don't report someone because you are too scared or nervous to do so? Then they will just keep on doing what they did and never learn right from wrong. Personal info is definitely not good on places like this, so if someone posts that stuff it should be reported immediately!
This is a great thread, Ave! Awesome job.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
I'd like the people that don't know this to realize this:
It's okay to report people.

I must admit, I hesitate sometimes before reporting someone, but I know that it helps the staff to be aware of what's going wrong. If the person posts their age or phone number or something like that, and you report them, it doesn't mean they will get in trouble. It means you are HELPING them! You're doing them a favor! No one wants their personal information shared on the internet but sometimes we slip and forget.

Also, sometimes you don't know if something is really wrong. It's better to report the post (or whatever it is, anyway) to let the staff know and leave it to them to decide if it should be dealt with or if it isn't really a problem. You won't be in trouble for reporting something that you thought needs to be handled but really doesn't! You were helping the staff, you were doing the right thing.

Please know, also, that the flag button doesn't always need to be used for bad posts. If a person discovered something new and important, you may want to flag it for the staff to see.

Please keep this in mind.
Rep! It may make you feel bad to report someone,but like you said you helping them,not hurting them!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Webkinz Lovers are
Gifted

cheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of lightcheekyluver123 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree! I mean you shouldn't report people becasue they disagreed with your opinion but if they post personal info, you are helping them! Becasue when you post your phone mumber you're almost telling where you live becasue of the area code.
cheekyluver123 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Thanks for the thread Ave! It's a good reminder that reporting can just be a way to help protect people. And I never thought about flagging something that might be a good item for the news and announcements. I'll keep that in mind!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

this is really a thread that a lot of people need to read! i know sometimes we don't want to feel like the "bad guy," but in the end, it really pays off. it could even save that person from getting banned because they continue to do something they did not know was bad. awesome reminder, ave. rep! (:
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Awesome point! Some people are just too soft! Or don't really care. They may think that the person they report will hate them. But don't just be that person, who shoots first, asks questions later, or you may have consequences. You don't want to get in trouble now, do you? Totally true, a thread will be like five pages in, and it may still have personal info, because nobody wanted to report it. Have a fantastical day!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Never too late

sunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant future

Thank-you for the great reminder! I had to report someone just today.. you need to report them, or they'll continue to make trouble for you.
sunshine_girl is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I agree! You shouldn't tell them though, unless it's for a good cause.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

thanks for reminding everyone, Ave. i mostly have to report threads for small things, like someone posting a thread in the wrong section. i use the report button to help, not hurt, other people. a lot of times, it is just a simple mistake, but if the mods don't see it, it could develope into a bigger problem. it could even save someone from getting banned or into trouble with the staff, because if they are not stopped when they begin to do something wrong, then they could keep doing it, and things could get out of hand.
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed