Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
e Always Knew I'd be
Gift Guru

ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!

Default Re: It's Ok To Disagree!

This is going to sound really funny on this thread, but I agree! I would disagree, but it is not how I truly feel. I see too much "Yes, totally" and not enough constructive criticism. Personally, I like a little criticism because it sometimes improves your thread!
ilovewebkinz100 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #12
ymcmb<3
Webkinz :)

Nascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud of

I totally agree with you! ive even seen people fighting about whos better than who!!seriously,who cares??
Nascargirl#8 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

Your right! I am always iffy on disagreeing because I think I might hurt somebody's feelings.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 03-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
e all know you love

Webbykin56 is a jewel in the roughWebbykin56 is a jewel in the rough

I agree! Like,

Person: I love persian cats!
Person 2: I like brown dogs better =]

This is not nice:
Person: Kevin Jonas is so cute!
Person 2: Ewwwww! He's disgusting. Who would like him?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

Too right!!! I made a thread not too long ago that was in response to an issue a lot of us were suffering from. I have had goo reactions and bad reactions. I appreciate them both, you just don't have to be a jerk about disagreeing. Like making letters large and bold- like you are yelling, is just, plain rude. I took years of debate and one of the biggest things I learned- just because some folks act rude and loud, doesn't make them right, it only makes them look desperate, like they know their point is weak.

Good post here. Apparently I have given out too much rep points today, but I am going to come back and give you one as soon as I can!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by :)Anna(:
I agree! I have a few problems disagreeing also, just because I like to please everyone. Sometimes, when I post a poll or something, and everyone says they like what ever they're voting on, I wonder how many of them are lying so that they don't hurt my feelings.
I actaully enjoy seeing comments that criticize something, or disagree with it, as long as it's in a nice way.
Thanks so much for posting this point!
Me too! I love some conflict instead of the same stuff!
View Post Originally Posted by Becky316
I totally agree!! Everyone is different and has different opinions. Just because all of us here like WW and WI, that doesn't mean we all have to like Uncle Bob (puppiesrock465's comparision).

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion as long as you don't abuse it. (Rudeness, name-calling, etc.)

Thanks so much for making this thread Puppiesrock465. Rep to you
Thank you for those kind words
View Post Originally Posted by ilovewebkinz100
This is going to sound really funny on this thread, but I agree! I would disagree, but it is not how I truly feel. I see too much "Yes, totally" and not enough constructive criticism. Personally, I like a little criticism because it sometimes improves your thread!
Yes! It makes it better, not worse!
View Post Originally Posted by Nascargirl#8
I totally agree with you! ive even seen people fighting about whos better than who!!seriously,who cares??
Yeah, someitmes that gets annoying. If this gets into a big arguement that they might get in trouble for, just stay out of it
View Post Originally Posted by stbernard07
Your right! I am always iffy on disagreeing because I think I might hurt somebody's feelings.
Sometimes not saying it in a straightforward way helps ('I like Aunt Roberta better....' rather than 'Uncle Bob stinks!...')
View Post Originally Posted by Webbykin56
I agree! Like,

Person: I love persian cats!
Person 2: I like brown dogs better =]

This is not nice:
Person: Kevin Jonas is so cute!
Person 2: Ewwwww! He's disgusting. Who would like him?
That's a great example! And it's one that happens quite often too!
View Post Originally Posted by meowsrus
Too right!!! I made a thread not too long ago that was in response to an issue a lot of us were suffering from. I have had goo reactions and bad reactions. I appreciate them both, you just don't have to be a jerk about disagreeing. Like making letters large and bold- like you are yelling, is just, plain rude. I took years of debate and one of the biggest things I learned- just because some folks act rude and loud, doesn't make them right, it only makes them look desperate, like they know their point is weak.

Good post here. Apparently I have given out too much rep points today, but I am going to come back and give you one as soon as I can!
You took the words right out or my mouth!

Thanks for reading guys!! ((rep))

---- Added after 12 minutes ----

Anyone else?

---- Added after 8 minutes ----

Anyone else?

---- Added after 46 minutes ----

Anyone else? Please....

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 03-15-2009 at 09:10 AM..
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #17
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
Recently I've been finding out that I've been quite shy to post a disagreement on some threads when most other people posted the exact opposite thing that I was going to type. But then I realized something: It's ok to disagree!. I doubt anyone would like their thread if it just had some 'Yeah, me too', 'I agree', and so on. A little bit of disagreement is ok!

But, despite what I just said, too much arguing is most certainly not ok. You're welcome to disagree, but just don't do it in a mean way. Don't keep going on and on and on about 'Uncle Bob is terrible! Nobody should listen to him! He is the worst on Earth!...'. Then people just get annoyed and hurt. Instead say something like 'I'm not Uncle Bob's greatest fan, but I do enjoy Aunt Roberta...'. That way nobody's feelings get hurt.

So, basically what I'm saying is; it's ok to disagree with the person who posted above you, but it's not ok to disagree in a mean, 'I'm so much better than you' way.

Thanks for reading guys

~puppiesrock465
Rep! I agree! Like if someone makes a thread and asks "Do you like Twilight?" And all you see is "Yeah I really like it" and "I love Twilight!" it's OK to say "Sorry but Twilight isint my thing" but it would be rude to say "I absolutely HATE Twilight!"
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Rep! I agree! Like if someone makes a thread and asks "Do you like Twilight?" And all you see is "Yeah I really like it" and "I love Twilight!" it's OK to say "Sorry but Twilight isint my thing" but it would be rude to say "I absolutely HATE Twilight!"
Yes, and that's a pretty common one too! Some people just don't seem to remember that some people like these things..

Thanks for posting! ((rep))

Anyone elsee?

Anybody else?

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 03-16-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #19

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

....I think there are some good points in this thread. People should always have a right to express their opinions.

But on the other hand....people should not disagree by saying rude or hurtful things to other people. Or if someone gets their opinion from just hearing about a subject. It's like saying "the jobros are terrible! My friend told me that". I think people should always give something a chance before they completely decide they hate it.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 03-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
....I think there are some good points in this thread. People should always have a right to express their opinions.

But on the other hand....people should not disagree by saying rude or hurtful things to other people. Or if someone gets their opinion from just hearing about a subject. It's like saying "the jobros are terrible! My friend told me that". I think people should always give something a chance before they completely decide they hate it.
Yes, that's true. I'm not saying that it's a good or bad thing to not like whatever they're talking about.

If the problem is that you don't think they've given the 'topic' a chance, talk to them and reccomend some of your favorties (ex. JoBros, give your favorite song...)

Thanks for posting! ((rep))
Closed