Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Default It's Ok To Disagree!

Recently I've been finding out that I've been quite shy to post a disagreement on some threads when most other people posted the exact opposite thing that I was going to type. But then I realized something: It's ok to disagree!. I doubt anyone would like their thread if it just had some 'Yeah, me too', 'I agree', and so on. A little bit of disagreement is ok!

But, despite what I just said, too much arguing is most certainly not ok. You're welcome to disagree, but just don't do it in a mean way. Don't keep going on and on and on about 'Uncle Bob is terrible! Nobody should listen to him! He is the worst on Earth!...'. Then people just get annoyed and hurt. Instead say something like 'I'm not Uncle Bob's greatest fan, but I do enjoy Aunt Roberta...'. That way nobody's feelings get hurt.

So, basically what I'm saying is; it's ok to disagree with the person who posted above you, but it's not ok to disagree in a mean, 'I'm so much better than you' way.

Thanks for reading guys

~puppiesrock465

P.S. Guys, even if the person who posts after you diagrees with you, remember, they're 9 outof 10 times not trying to hurt you (Thanks -Lilypad)

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 03-15-2009 at 11:47 AM..
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: It's Ok To Disagree!

Yes, I agree. Part of what makes the world so great is how different we all are. Also, if someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally. Most of the time the person who disagree does not mean to offend you or attack you.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree! Disagreeing is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't do it in a mean way.
I usually just say, "Sorry, but I don't agree with this, because..."
[rep to you]
Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
owee! Finally I'm a
Banned
♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all

Yes, I think people shouldn't be shy to disagree if you post it in a nice way.
For example thsi would be nice:

Person 1: I really like my avatar.

Person 2: I don't really like it, but that's ok, as long as you do!

This wouldn't be nice:

Person 2: Eww, I really don't like it, you should change it!
♥Julia♥ is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #5

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

great idea i do agree lol. As long as you do it nicely i don't mind people disagreeing with me, because they may point out something i never thought about before. great idea for thread
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Yes, I agree. Part of what makes the world so great is how different we all are. Also, if someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally. Most of the time the person who disagree does not mean to offend you or attack you.
Yep, but sometimes the person who the other person is disagreeing with gets hurt anyway
View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I agree! Disagreeing is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't do it in a mean way.
I usually just say, "Sorry, but I don't agree with this, because..."
[rep to you]
That;s a great way of putting it! I usually say stuf like 'I'm not the biggest fan of this...'

View Post Originally Posted by ♥Julia♥
Yes, I think people shouldn't be shy to disagree if you post it in a nice way.
For example thsi would be nice:

Person 2: I don't really like it, but that's ok, as long as you do!

This wouldn't be nice:

Person 2: Eww, I really don't like it, you should change it!
That's a great example!
View Post Originally Posted by i_like_pie
great idea i do agree lol. As long as you do it nicely i don't mind people disagreeing with me, because they may point out something i never thought about before. great idea for thread
Yes, I love it when new ideas come through that way!

Thanks for posting guys! ((rep))
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
Ugh! im still a
Webkinz :)

murgum will become famous soon enough

thx for pointing that out i have noticed that
murgum is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned

Omg guys! I just realized that I got my second rep box! Thanks so much!

---- Added after 0 minutes and 30 seconds ----

View Post Originally Posted by murgum
thx for pointing that out i have noticed that
Your welcome!

---- Added after 6 minutes ----

Anyone else?

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 03-14-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
not telling
Webkinz :)

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

I agree! I have a few problems disagreeing also, just because I like to please everyone. Sometimes, when I post a poll or something, and everyone says they like what ever they're voting on, I wonder how many of them are lying so that they don't hurt my feelings.
I actaully enjoy seeing comments that criticize something, or disagree with it, as long as it's in a nice way.
Thanks so much for posting this point!
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Becky1216

Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!

I totally agree!! Everyone is different and has different opinions. Just because all of us here like WW and WI, that doesn't mean we all have to like Uncle Bob (puppiesrock465's comparision).

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion as long as you don't abuse it. (Rudeness, name-calling, etc.)

Thanks so much for making this thread Puppiesrock465. Rep to you
Becky316 is offline Female
Closed