Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
thtswtgir
Gifted

PurpleInk32 is on a distinguished road

Default It's the day after the Easter Egg Hunt , but you didn't understand how or where to find the eggs , well this thread Will help U!!

At first I didn't understand how or where to look for eggs , but after a few minutes of looking I found some. I had to go to bed so I didn't find all of the eggs , but I did find 13 and I'm sure I would have found all 24.

First of all , all the eggs were hidden in "Official" marked threads ( they are written by mods and such ; all the eggs that I found were located in "Official" marked forum , others could have been located in other places)

NO eggs were hidden past # 14 post located in one of the official threads.

Eggs could be hidden in threads that were written by the same person ( ex: FIA could have 5 threads and 3 of those threads could have eggs hidden in them)

ONLY princesstiara's egg was hidden as her avatar

The eggs were colored eggs /w names of mods on it. ( ex: COWS4YOU egg was colored like a cow and it had a little cow by it and it had COWS4YOU name on it)

Bunnies DID NOT count as eggs , they were from a past
game.

**Any more ?'s ??? If so just PM me them or post them!! Have pics of eggs or more info post them!!**

---------- PurpleInk32 added 11 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

doesn't ANYONE want to c my thread!!

Last edited by PurpleInk32; 03-24-2008 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
I love being a
Gift Trainee

lovinglizzi has a spectacular aura aboutlovinglizzi has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: It's the day after the Easter Egg Hunt , but you didn't understand how or where to find the eggs , well this thread Will help U!!

wow that would have been helpfu; but o well
Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
scottydawg87
Gift Trainee

chicagobears00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: It's the day after the Easter Egg Hunt , but you didn't understand how or where to find the eggs , well this thread Will help U!!

well i want to know who the 50 people who got the prize givaway
Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
yeah, i'm Soooooooo
Gifted

cutekateN is on a distinguished road

wow cool good info!
cutekateN is offline Female
Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I still don't get it. =S
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 03-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

Cool. If hints were allowed, this would have helped. Where was cows4you's? I found Uppies and princesstiara. That's all. It's ok though.
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
sunset808

That would have been helpful yesterday
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
$Veronica$

I didnt find any! =(
Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
BjornTorunn
Gift Guru

BjornTorunn is just really niceBjornTorunn is just really nice

I also noticed they tended to be in the sticky threads.

When I first started looking, I checked the various mods I knew, then looked around for others. The first list I found probably wasn't the best.

Using Advanced Search to find posts by user, I was able to snag a few that had made the posts recently. One of my first breaks was searching on Wendy. She has hardly any posts, and in the search of posts I noticed a URL that included a directory named finishedeggs. This allowed me to see all of the eggs and gave me a list of names to search on. After spending some time admiring the eggs, I went back to searching the forums.

When searching this way, I quickly realized that not all the posts would be recent. It was when I searched on Cows4You that I realized searching and reading every moderator's post just wasn't going to work. Way too many posts for me to have even loaded them all in one day.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to use google to search by site:webkinzinsider.com link:photobucket.com, but was never able to make that work. I still don't know why.

That is when I went back and looked at the eggs I had found, looking for some sort of pattern. I realized they were all from sticky threads. That is when I went to each forum and looked at each of the sticky threads. Since I wasn't on the fastest link in the world, this was very slow on a few of the threads with high graphics content.

After finding 8 eggs, I decided that was enough. I had enough eggs to qualify for a prize and decided to spend my time doing other things the rest of the day. I reread the rules on entries to make sure that everything was correct before sending in my entry. After receiving my prize, I wrote a quick thank you note which included a picture of my webkinz in his new party hat. I also made sure to confirm receipt of the prize.

Later in the day I read some of the hints that the staff started putting out. The hint about it always being within the first 14 posts would have saved me some time, but I decided it wasn't worth trying to finish the task. I had already spent about 3 hours to find the first 8 eggs.

I had to quit reading the forums several times because I felt tempted to give subtle hints. Things like asking people if they were sure they were familiar with all the rules and guidelines here. Perhaps drop the word sticky in there as well. I didn't drop any hints, I hadn't organized the hunt so I had no right to interfere.

I'm happy with the prize I got and think my monkey looks great in his new hat. I don't regret abandoning the search. Kudos to all who found some eggs!

---------- BjornTorunn added 12 Minutes and 22 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by smiley7000
Cool. If hints were allowed, this would have helped. Where was cows4you's? I found Uppies and princesstiara. That's all. It's ok though.
That egg was in the forum rules for Help and Suggestions.

Last edited by BjornTorunn; 03-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
BjornTorunn is offline Male
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #10
You're dang straight
Webkinz :)

lala908 will become famous soon enough

I may sound totally clueless, but there was an egg hunt?!?!
lala908 is offline Female
Closed