Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Sunnykinz

Post Issue that I thought I would talk about

I'm not sure where this message should be, but I just thought I would express how I'm feeling right now.
Have you ever noticed in the Introduction section that very kind members offer kind words and helpful adivce to new members? Well I've noticed that some are simply copying and pasting the same message in each introduction thread. Sometimes they forget completely about the actual questions that the person is asking because they just press paste and move on to the next one.

I usually write some kind words and if they ask a question I try my best to answer it.... but if you guys out there care about welcoming these new members so much, why can't you just take the time to type something out from the heart? In your message it says that you are happy that they are here and in the community, but you probably didn't even read their message.

Opinions?

Please note: This is just my opnion... I'm not singling out any members and that was not my intention!

View Post Originally Posted by legalcat
I have to agree. I have to admit I dont go in there too often only maybe once a week and greet the new people especially if no one else has greeted them yet and I feel bad cuz they have no one saying hi I always try to customize it and answer and questions that they have

I think we should all, myself included, try to visit more often and remmeber how we felt when we first joined and didnt have any friends yet...
I'm just looking through some posts from some members and all you see is that exact same message. I mean no, there might not be anything wrong with it but I think everyone should be welcomed. Not just welcomed with a copied message and forgotten.

It's wonderful that you customize your messages as much as possible.. I try that too!

Last edited by Sunnykinz; 02-06-2008 at 07:10 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
legalcat

Default Re: Issue that I thought I would talk about

I have to agree. I have to admit I dont go in there too often only maybe once a week and greet the new people especially if no one else has greeted them yet and I feel bad cuz they have no one saying hi I always try to customize it and answer and questions that they have

I think we should all, myself included, try to visit more often and remmeber how we felt when we first joined and didnt have any friends yet...
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I totally agree. I always try to say something nice and encouraging, when I see people pasting the same boring,
Quote:
Welcome to WI! It is fun here, PM me for any questions!
on each thread
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
Sunnykinz

View Post Originally Posted by ksoccer28
I totally agree. I always try to say something nice and encouraging, when I see people pasting the same boring, on each thread
Yes... it's so incredibly upsetting. I think there should be a rule that if you want to welcome someone, you need to type something out. Everyone thinks that these people are so kind and take so much time to offer their kind words to members... but this isn't really whats happening.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
I ♥ Pink
Gifted

kelbel75 has a spectacular aura about

You guys are just so cute making sure people get a sincere a wonderful welcome.I'm pretty new and I yeah I guess I wouldn't have noticed. Thanks for caring!

Mommy to 12 ebbies!
:wt::wt:,Lil Kinz:luvfrog::luvfrog::ppony::pig::gr:
kelbel75 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #6
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

I think I'll start stopping by the new member thread....Thanks
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
legalcat

I think we should all resolve to be more active in the new members section to give people a new welcome... with so many active members its a shame to see new members with only 5 or 6 welcomes. We should be doing a better job
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
Sunnykinz

View Post Originally Posted by legalcat
I think we should all resolve to be more active in the new members section to give people a new welcome... with so many active members its a shame to see new members with only 5 or 6 welcomes. We should be doing a better job
I think that we all should take 3 minutes of our day and try to welcome a new member. My goal is to welcome 4 new members today! Let's all try to help out!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
Meadowlark

Thanks for posting this! I've been helping new people here and there when I notice them asking questions, but haven't really been doing my part to welcome anyone. I'll try to remember to make time for that now.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
Sunnykinz

View Post Originally Posted by Meadowlark
Thanks for posting this! I've been helping new people here and there when I notice them asking questions, but haven't really been doing my part to welcome anyone. I'll try to remember to make time for that now.
Thank you!
You're so kind
Closed