Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Default Re: Issue with BUMPing

Yeah, I want people to view my threads, but you should have something better to say than "BUMP", like for my shop, I just say "anyone want anything?" or something like that, to move it to the top.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

clara39 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzroxmysox
Ok, so as most of you know, bumping is a way of posting in your thread so it will move to the top. I read one of the Wi rules, and I noticed how they put it as a way of "spamming" outside the GE. My view of this is the complete opposite....

In Wi, we sometimes run into obstactles. One of the very common is how your thread doesn't get any posts. You may have worked SO hard on typing up the thread, and for whatever reason, no Wi member will take the time to even post. By bumping, you may be moving IMPORTANT information to the bottom of the page, which continues to the 2nd page (which no one looks at), and continueing to the last page, which by then would be impossible for anyone to read. I dislike this a lot, and I know it hurts a LOT of feelings because people wont post in your thread. I've experianced the a LOT.

Any other views or opionons?
I don't know what bumping is- what is it so I know not to do it? And yes- I know how it feels to have a rejected thread. I think people should try to find threads with NO posts and post on those because that could make people feel better.
clara39 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #13
Batman eats

musikluver has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe you aren't supposed to BUMP! I never knew this was against the rules.
musikluver is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

eeeeep. Thats why I check through the pages, and in the open mike spot. (:
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
Insanely busy
Gift Guru

animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by clara39
I don't know what bumping is- what is it so I know not to do it? And yes- I know how it feels to have a rejected thread. I think people should try to find threads with NO posts and post on those because that could make people feel better.
Bumping means

Bring
Up
My
I rarely get replies to my threads too but it doesn't stop me from posting my ideas or concerns. If I feel my thread needs to be moved up, I reply to the last post on it. I now have some friends who help me with it too and they will reply to my posts.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #16
I am SOoOoO
Gifted

areocutiepie123 is a glorious beacon of lightareocutiepie123 is a glorious beacon of lightareocutiepie123 is a glorious beacon of light

nope, i dont think its consittered bumping, or is it? i say that too anyone want to loook or somethingg.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #17
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

Yes bumping is only allowed in the GE because if you don't post on your GE for a while it will be closed. So to keep post coming you bump it.

---------- webkinz101 added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
Yeah, I want people to view my threads, but you should have something better to say than "BUMP", like for my shop, I just say "anyone want anything?" or something like that, to move it to the top.
Yeah I agree you could say "Anyone want to post?" or something like that.

Last edited by webkinz101; 08-04-2008 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #18
Gifted

gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art
gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art

I agree! Plus bumping is only allowed in the gift exchange!!
gottaluvjoe is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #19
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: Issue with BUMPing

Whenever I post a new thread, nobody seems to read it or care to reply to it. I will usually be asking a question on my thread, so it is good to respond and leave feedback, right? I thought that's what you were supposed to do! If it's against the rules, which I don't get why it would be, I'll stop; but could you show me where in the rules it is? Thanks for some interesting info!!!
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #20
hy Did I become a

123blissb is on a distinguished road

I never knew that you could bump!! I think that it shoud be alowed because it helps people get more postsbut i pushes out other peoples post so I think that is bad.
123blissb is offline Female
Closed