Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

Default Re: Internet Safety - Friendly Reminder :)

Great reminder! Also people remember, internet friends and real freinds are two completely different things. No matter how nice an internet friend seems to be, you never know is on the other side. Like on webkinz the other day i saw two people telling each other their emaill address's by using the trick of "read the first letter of every word". On clubpenguin, i saw people telling each other their address's and saying they were going to meet for icecream. I asked them if they knew each other outside of clubpenguin, and they both said no. There are scammers and hackers out there. Like you said be safe
babykittyricky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

Great reminder, once I typed in my WI user name and I found a lot of things and it sort of shocked me a little. Now I am more careful on what I post.
fluffy113 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

Great reminder. I never tell anyone online my name, where I live, or my age. You never know how much older/younger the person is on the other side, or if they could steal your I.D, ect.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #14
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

Great thread I hope everyone sees this, so we know why WI is so strict!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Thank you, Gillian! I always feel kind of nervous when posting things about my self. I also feel kind of bad when I lie to a cyber friend. But when they start asking me to post pictures of my self and give them my phone number, I totally back away from them. Thankfully, that only happened to me once. I have not talked to the person since.

But of course that wasn't on Webkinz Insider. That's the thing I like about here- there aren't many bullies and we all get along very nicely. The staff helps keep us safe and makes this a wonderful home for us all to enjoy together.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #16

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Good reminder. I'd never post personal info on WI, i put on my Desktop Background thead, "no personal info allowed if it has anything to do with your background".
Old 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
follow your ♥

zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!zxcv0101 is not just visiting!

Great reminder!
zxcv0101 is offline Female
Old 03-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #18
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Lying is okay I guess but I don't encurouge it. If someone asks, "Is Kelly your real name?" And it's not, just say, "Nope. I can't post my real name." Or something. Ecspecially since I'd be hurt if I found out all my friends told me were lies. (;

Honestly, all I give out is my first age and a bit of my personality. Plus my state, && on other sites, my age sometimes, but I'm not the only one doing it. Trust me, I'm very safe. All I have on facebook is people I know in real life, and the only people who know a LOT about me, including age, name, last name, stuff.. are my 2 closest friends online, or if not the closest, ones that even my parents trust enough to let me email.

Just be careful is the main thing. But don't be rude ; you have to care about other people's feelings too. Insted of telling something you don't want, like age, just say no. Don't be like, "NO WAY! YOUR SO MEAN AND STUPID, I HATE YOU!" Afterall, there is a chance, the person on the other side is who they say they are.

But another point, to show how easy it is to make a fake account.. my mom made one once, some Jenny girl, using some pictures from a magazine, to see something. [don't worry, she didn't even add people] But a huge amount of people sent her friend request because of pictures. You never know who is behind the computer.

View Post Originally Posted by aibo7m3
A very good reminder. That is why i don't have a facebook account.
You could just add people you know on real life. That's the safest thing to do. Or at least, if you do have one, you don't have to post pictures of yourself, use your real age, lastname, city\state or anything.

View Post Originally Posted by RexfordButchBD
Keep your real life friends and your "internet friends" in separate categories.
Most the time.

Last edited by Craftyreader; 03-16-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #19
This Time

webkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the great reminder!
webkinzfan32 is offline Male
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #20

sharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wondersharky48 wows us all with wonder

good remainder!!!
sharky48 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alley&kate&ali, lhl was here, tigerdove is here, you are beautiful(: