Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Instead of just saying thanks..

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I've never thought about this, but it's a great idea. This also would make the poster feel like you truly appreciate them coming, not just that you say that to everyone who posts on the thread.
Yeah, that's what I always try to do!
It also keeps the thread open to discussion because there will always be something more to say, and the conversation carries on longer.

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
I agree with you here. I try my very best to quote posts I really like and want to elaborate on a bit, I try to do that a lot. I don't just pass it on and say 'Thanks. Anyone else?' I know it makes me feel good when members post a controversial thread [i.e. many opinions will be shared] and the original poster comes back to read what others have to say, adds in, and keeps checking back, not totally abandoning the thread.
I always feel good when I see that too. The thread looks more well rounded and the posts are more meaningful. I would never want to abandon a thread that I made. That's just terrible.

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
Great thread----I try to "recognize" people in my threads but sometimes I get so many I just have to give a big THANKS and just comment on people who just made me smile or made my day!
I usually try to take the time to reply to everyone that I can, but I know what you mean, some threads get tons of posts right away, so it's definitely harder to do that.

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 02-14-2009 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

This is a great thread. I try to make my reps long and unique every time (probably more than I do with posts! ). Sometimes I'll say, "And Merry Christmas!" or "Thanks for you opinion! I'm glad that you agree. By the way, I love your avvie! " I put a smiley there, too.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #33
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Tinker24BELL has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

I am going to totally agree with you on this one..I have been flying around the forums for along time and have seen many people posting short messages.
I think it would be more beneficial to the author of the postings ;if we (the repliee) give them some proper dialog going with much better replies. To just go on and say yeah right..or I agree.. leans to a closed sentence.. open communication brings out the responses to others for a follow up question or reaction..
Tinker24BELL is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #34
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

That's exactly what I strive to do on WebkinzInsider each and every day!

I always see people posting whole paragraphs and then some people saying simply: "This is a really nice thread. Rep. point." Well...okay, great, glad you like it but can you explain WHY you like it? I have really been trying to post better and get my 50 posts to become a Gift Trainee. So keeping this in my mind is a great way to motivate me to do so. Also, still handing out that Reputation point and (once again) explaining WHY you think this member deserves that Reputation point going toward them.

Thank you so much for making this thread. I like it because it reminds and motivates me and every one else to post better and be more friendly on WebkinzInsider.
Thanks!

~PrincessToeshoe~♥

Last edited by PrincessToeshoe; 02-14-2009 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: oopsie
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #35
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock
This is a great thread. I try to make my reps long and unique every time (probably more than I do with posts! ). Sometimes I'll say, "And Merry Christmas!" or "Thanks for you opinion! I'm glad that you agree. By the way, I love your avvie! " I put a smiley there, too.

-Pugs
I sometimes try to make them long, other times I just say something simple, but hardly ever do I say just one word. Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by Tinker24BELL
I am going to totally agree with you on this one..I have been flying around the forums for along time and have seen many people posting short messages.
I think it would be more beneficial to the author of the postings ;if we (the repliee) give them some proper dialog going with much better replies. To just go on and say yeah right..or I agree.. leans to a closed sentence.. open communication brings out the responses to others for a follow up question or reaction..
Yes, that is very true. The thread will not go on for very long if people don't say much of anything on it, and it will float right to the bottom of the forum. Your post was very unique and true!

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by PrincessToeshoe
That's exactly what I strive to do on WebkinzInsider each and every day!

I always see people posting whole paragraphs and then some people saying simply: "This is a really nice thread. Rep. point." Well...okay, great, glad you like it but can you explain WHY you like it? I have really been trying to post better and get my 50 posts to become a Gift Trainee. So keeping this in my mind is a great way to motivate me to do so. Also, still handing out that Reputation point and (once again) explaining WHY you think this member deserves that Reputation point going toward them.

Thank you so much for making this thread. I like it because it reminds and motivates me and every one else to post better and be more friendly on WebkinzInsider.
Thanks!

~PrincessToeshoe~♥
I've seen many of your posts, and you seem very helpful in them!
I agree with you on the nice thread, rep point thing, I see that a lot, and I think it's important to strive to post more than just a single sentence. It makes the thread owner feel more appreciated and like their thread made a difference.
Don't thank me though, because this could never happen without great members like you and a lot of others here. [rep to you]

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 02-14-2009 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Lightbulb Re: Instead of just saying thanks..

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I sometimes try to make them long, other times I just say something simple, but hardly ever do I say just one word. Thanks!

Yes, that is very true. The thread will not go on for very long if people don't say much of anything on it, and it will float right to the bottom of the forum. Your post was very unique and true!

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

I've seen many of your posts, and you seem very helpful in them!
I agree with you on the nice thread, rep point thing, I see that a lot, and I think it's important to strive to post more than just a single sentence. It makes the thread owner feel more appreciated and like their thread made a difference.
Don't thank me though, because this could never happen without great members like you and a lot of others here. [rep to you]
Oh, thank you very much for your kind words. I have seen some of your posts and you are VERY helpful! I know you said not to thank you but I had to because you are so, very sweet to me!

~PrincessToeshoe~♥
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #37
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I'm not sure if I have already posted on this thread before, but if not, I totally agree. I also agree, that when a thread gets tons of posts right away, it's fine not to address every individual one.

(:
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #38
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

To me the whole purpose of writing and submitting a thread is to get true feedback from others and the reasons we feel the way we do to it. To just correspond with few words is like someone nodding their head on the telephone when you know that the other person cannot see you nodding.. It is not a true posting to me if we use fewer words and get no responsive reaction;
For a good example.. If you see a topic of interest in the forum/open mike/chat..pretend you are talking with a friend on the telephone; you would like others to chat back to you.. not hang up the phone..
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #39
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by Tinker24BELL
To me the whole purpose of writing and submitting a thread is to get true feedback from others and the reasons we feel the way we do to it. To just correspond with few words is like someone nodding their head on the telephone when you know that the other person cannot see you nodding.. It is not a true posting to me if we use fewer words and get no responsive reaction;
For a good example.. If you see a topic of interest in the forum/open mike/chat..pretend you are talking with a friend on the telephone; you would like others to chat back to you.. not hang up the phone..
That metaphor you gave could not have been more true. You will never know what the other person thinks if you don't express your thoughts on the situation. That was a very good idea you have too. If everyone followed it, the forum would be an amazing place. It already is, but it would be much, much better if they all did. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #40
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

Here is another simile : Treat it like a newspaper ad/sales

When I come on the air and search the different categories .. I stop over at the chat section first.. read through all the sale pitches and then decide if I want to buy any of the merchandise.. just like going shopping..
while I am in the store I walk over to the sales clerk and ask her if she has this or that.. I wouldnt want them to reply with a simple no we dont and then they walk away.. I would prefer them to say.. Just one moment please ,let me go check.. I am sorry but that size/style/or color is not in at this time.. Would you like to come back at a later date It may be in than..thank you for your time!..
we would then have a good thing going and I will most likely return to the store repeatedly..
Closed

Tags
princesstoeshoe, thankstherightway