Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #21
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Instead of just saying thanks..

View Post Originally Posted by snugglebunny72
It's interesting. Sometimes I go to a post only to discover that I have nothing to contribute, so I don't. I think it's silly to repeat what several others have said. Of course there are the times when someone posts at the same time I do and we both say the same thing. It happens. On the flip side, I very often post suggestions and/or opinions without receiving much feedback. I can only hope I'm helping.

On the few occassions I have started a thread (not in my nature), I do check back and post on the suggestions and comments that are posted. Everyone wants to feel appreciated, so we should show it more often.

thanks to all who have posted - you've reminded me how to be a better person in a way that seems small, but I know is big!
I agree, it is kind of silly to repeat the same thing.
I find sometimes that I post things like you said, and never get much of anything back about them.
It worries me sometimes, because I work really hard to make those posts.
I don't start very many threads, but I do check back often to the ones i have.
[rep]
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #22
e love
Gift Trainee

Laydee is on a distinguished road

I agree to this. People can write that, but at least write side comments for them & make them feel like you actually cared.
Laydee is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
jml123456789
Webkinz :)

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

I agree with what most everyone has said (I didn't read everything). I mean, if I just said thanks for posting, that is a good point, the person would think ohh they don't care, if they did, they would've said more. Plus, thoses are fluff.
jj887 is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #24
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

This is a wonderful thread, for usually, just seeing : Thanks, great thread." makes ne wonder if they were really being sincere, or hoping to boost their post count or receive some reputation.
A heartfelt mesage with details helps me feel that they have appreciated this, and wants to make an effort to express their gratitude! This is a great thread for pointing this out, White Terrier Fan, you really are a wonderful member, always helping out! Rep!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by GymnasticsGirl
This is a wonderful thread, for usually, just seeing : Thanks, great thread." makes ne wonder if they were really being sincere, or hoping to boost their post count or receive some reputation.
A heartfelt mesage with details helps me feel that they have appreciated this, and wants to make an effort to express their gratitude! This is a great thread for pointing this out, White Terrier Fan, you really are a wonderful member, always helping out! Rep!
Thanks so much!
Sometimes I wonder about that too, I see people just saying "Thanks for posting!" like 5 times in a row on there thread, and I wonder if they either don't care or just want post count. It bothers me, because posts shouldn't be done just to get another number added to your count.
You are a wonderful member too!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #26
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Why do people care so much about rep? Is WI a popularity contest? I think not, or at least hope not. Believe me, I don't have time for that. Rep is just a nice way of thanking someone, but not necessary.
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by snugglebunny72
Why do people care so much about rep? Is WI a popularity contest? I think not, or at least hope not. Believe me, I don't have time for that. Rep is just a nice way of thanking someone, but not necessary.
To me, rep should not be a contest, neither should posts. Rep is just a system used to show that someone has done something helpful or kind, and posts, someone can have 10 posts and be extremely helpful, and someone can have 10,000 and have gotten them all from spam. I completely agree with what you said, glad to see someone with a fresh perspective on things!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #28
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I've never thought about this, but it's a great idea. This also would make the poster feel like you truly appreciate them coming, not just that you say that to everyone who posts on the thread.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #29
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

I agree with you here. I try my very best to quote posts I really like and want to elaborate on a bit, I try to do that a lot. I don't just pass it on and say 'Thanks. Anyone else?' I know it makes me feel good when members post a controversial thread [i.e. many opinions will be shared] and the original poster comes back to read what others have to say, adds in, and keeps checking back, not totally abandoning the thread.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #30
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread----I try to "recognize" people in my threads but sometimes I get so many I just have to give a big THANKS and just comment on people who just made me smile or made my day!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
princesstoeshoe, thankstherightway