Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 03:12 AM   #11
Webkinz :)
rodentmom is just really nicerodentmom is just really nice

Default Re: Instead of the approval system?

Quote:
To get threads approved, you need to PM a staff member
Okay, I am now officially really, really, really confused. I did not know that you needed someone with administrative privileges to approve a new thread when you wanted to start one. There is a button right there in all the forums labeled "New Topic," and in the "Forum Rules" thread stickied in this forum is says:

Quote:
How do I create a new thread?
In order to create a new thread, just go to the forum that you want to create a new thread in and click the "new thread" button on the upper left hand side. A picture is shown below with the button circled.
Last week I created a new thread in the Clothing Machine forum just by clicking the button, etc. (It was the first time that I had ever created a new thread - before that I had only posted on other people's threads.) At first we had a number of people discussing ideas about the possible logical reasoning behind the various components in the finished clothing and how we might be able to learn to predict which pieces were most likely to be part of the finished pieces by observing similar patterns in the already solved garments. After a few days the discussion died out (partly because I had a very busy weekend with my family) and there were no posts on the thread for four days. Last night I discovered that the thread had been locked. There was another thread in the same forum which had begun on the same day as mine had. It had also had no posts for a similar length of time to mine, but it still has not been locked.

Was my thread closed because and not the other one because I didn't get approval from a moderator or administrator before posting it and they closed the thread when they noticed that it hadn't been approved? Or has Insider started closing out threads automatically after only four days of inactivity instead of the two weeks (I think) that it used to be? Or did I do something really bad without knowing it that caused the thread to be closed as a result? (If the last is the case, I really want to know what I did so that I make sure that I never do it again.
rodentmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #12
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by rodentmom
Okay, I am now officially really, really, really confused. I did not know that you needed someone with administrative privileges to approve a new thread when you wanted to start one. There is a button right there in all the forums labeled "New Topic," and in the "Forum Rules" thread stickied in this forum is says:

Last week I created a new thread in the Clothing Machine forum just by clicking the button, etc. (It was the first time that I had ever created a new thread - before that I had only posted on other people's threads.) At first we had a number of people discussing ideas about the possible logical reasoning behind the various components in the finished clothing and how we might be able to learn to predict which pieces were most likely to be part of the finished pieces by observing similar patterns in the already solved garments. After a few days the discussion died out (partly because I had a very busy weekend with my family) and there were no posts on the thread for four days. Last night I discovered that the thread had been locked. There was another thread in the same forum which had begun on the same day as mine had. It had also had no posts for a similar length of time to mine, but it still has not been locked.

Was my thread closed because and not the other one because I didn't get approval from a moderator or administrator before posting it and they closed the thread when they noticed that it hadn't been approved? Or has Insider started closing out threads automatically after only four days of inactivity instead of the two weeks (I think) that it used to be? Or did I do something really bad without knowing it that caused the thread to be closed as a result? (If the last is the case, I really want to know what I did so that I make sure that I never do it again.
No, you only need to get them approved for a avvie or siggy shop (if it's appropriate) roleplaying topics, and more.
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
No, you only need to get them approved for a avvie or siggy shop (if it's appropriate) roleplaying topics, and more.
In fact that is not correct.

Avvie/siggie shops no longer require approval (they used to). Just as long as you meed the requirements outlined in the blue sticky rules at the top of that forum, you may open a shop.

Role-playing needs approval, and clothing shops (for people, not webkinz) in the Open Mike need approval.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by rodentmom

You may start threads! Duplicate threads are always at risk of being deleted.

In order to keep the forum manageable, some threads get deleted, some get merged with others, some get closed. Sometimes, as in the Clothing Machine sub-forum, major re-organisation is necessary to avoid chaos. Please don't take this personally. If you want an explanation, send a PM to any mod, but preferably the mod in charge of that forum (you'll find this info at the bottom of that forum index) - but any staff can tell you why.

Threads are closed automatically after 2 weeks of inactivity. I'm not aware of anywhere on the forum where they close after 4 days.

Don't worry, if you do something "really bad" you will be notified.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

Sorry that I was inaccurate.
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #16
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

cute idea!
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #17
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Wait is it like, the "bot" checks to see if your thread is okay for the terms?
I don't get it.
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I think the way we have it now it just fine.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #19
call me ratty!
Gifted

rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!

No offense, but I don't think so. For example, for the roleplay threads:

Say one person sent in a warrior cat idea, which there are already plenty of. Then, two days later, somebody else sends in a totally unique idea that nobody else has anything close to. How will the bot decide? It can't tell how many of an idea there already are. It would probably be programed to just take the first few ideas, or something of the sort, and that wouldn't be fair, since the repetitive idea will probably get less attention than the unique one.

Just my opinion.
rattyjol is offline Female
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Sonic is more than
Gifted

zatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool idea, from what I understand.
zatcat101 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pookie rawks!