Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Innapropriate 'jumping' ads...

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
Wow,I never would have excpected WI would have those adds! I know it's not WI's fault thought!

Why shouldent little kids see just a logo? To them it is just a picture of a bunny drawing....! If you go to walmart everyone has a purse with the bunny on it!

Well, it gets it in their mind so they might be tempted to click on it when they see it again because they want to know what it is for. And if they ask their parents "mommy/daddy what is that?" their parents might freak out if they see that here. I know that lots of the little kids don't pay attention to the ADs but you never know....
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I didn't even think about reporting that when it happened earlier, I was busy trying to figure out {exactly} what did happen and how -- I went to click post {not near any ads} and it took me totally off this site to the 'other' type of one. I really should have paid closer attention. I will look in my history as well as send any other information to a mod -- thanks for reminding me, it's been a crazy day!
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
Webkinz :)

cojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud of

it happened to me this afternoon while my preteen was beside me, I fumbled and got it off as quickly as I could but he had already seen it and knew it was fling......... so he could go there if unattended. the pictures were disgusting!
cojo64 is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

Well if this happened to me I wouldn't be mad or disappointed... I mean, I wouldn't be jumping for joy, but I wouldn't be that disgusted since I've seen worse... ADS!! LOL.
The reason why this is SO bad is because imagine the parents browsing on here with a child or a child browsing on her her or himself. (By the way, I AM a child but I have seen worse ads.) Anyway, back to that.. for the parents/kids seeing this, this might make the parents lose trust in WI and make us lose a member.
Just, as everyone said, show it to a Mod/Admin and they'll do what they can...

In the mean time, we're here for you!

- X♥X♥ - Dizzyfish101, or Ciara
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
MadTVstewart

That same thing happened to me. This site came up with some very inapropriate images for younger children. I'm a bit to old do freak over it but I wan't pleased at all.
Thanks for bringing this matter to attention.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

I notified the admins, I got redirected to an inappropriate site having done nothing...had Wi open and sitting in another window and went back to it and it was a very adult site. On 2 different computers twice today.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #27
4 Accts. please ask

KaileysMommy has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I notified the admins, I got redirected to an inappropriate site having done nothing...had Wi open and sitting in another window and went back to it and it was a very adult site. On 2 different computers twice today.

This same thing has been happening to me. I will just leave WI open and walk away from the computer and when I come back it will be a dating site.
KaileysMommy is offline Female
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #28
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

They're working on it. Weird how the internet can do that.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #29
onderful (>*-*)

Sugaree is just really niceSugaree is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
They're working on it. Weird how the internet can do that.

I certainly hope so, seeing how this has been brought up more then once. To be on a website for a child's game, there is NO excuse for it. None!
Just my two cents.

Respectfully ~ Sugaree
Sugaree is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #30
siroscar

siroscar is a jewel in the roughsiroscar is a jewel in the rough

WI Subscriber

That website popped up on me earlier today. Very disturbing.???

---------- siroscar added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

Welcome to Sugaree.

Last edited by siroscar; 02-11-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
siroscar is offline Female
Closed