Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Innappropriate Ads (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/innappropriate-ads-387799/)

pattycake09-07-2008 03:24 PM

Innappropriate Ads
 
If you see an inappropriate ad please notify a moderator. The processing for the ads on WI was changed recently and some of the old ads that were blocked are now getting back in again. As soon as we know the new url of the ad, it can be blocked. Thank you. --FIA

lately when going on WI I have seen a highly inappropriate advertisement for Vimax, I'm a younger member comaratively but my foster sister and her friend who's deleted was on here and they saw these ads for vimax, and Bella told me, being grossed out, but I really worry about the fact that I know WI is a perfectly appropriate site but some parents wouldn't let their kids on for this reason.
Thanks,
Selena

Please, do not post ages,
Thank you
Javogabo

CCRABS09-07-2008 03:26 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
What is Vimax?

dawn676709-07-2008 03:28 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
You just need to go and change your options so you only get webkinz ads. When you hit my pets it is one of the tabs.

gracie50309-07-2008 03:28 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Yeah what is vimax?

svandy09-07-2008 03:31 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn6767 (Post 10396807)
You just need to go and change your options so you only get webkinz ads. When you hit my pets it is one of the tabs.

They are talking about WI ads.

---------- svandy added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

I've seen this too. Zwinky has too much "Exposure". And well... yeah.

-Lilypad09-07-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
If you ever see an inappropriate ad, please PM a mod with the content of the ad, and the url that it leads to. If you right click on the ad, and select "properties" you can get the link, that way you do not have to click on it.

I gotta admit, if I was a parent and I saw an ad like that on a site my kid was on, I would not let them back on it.

Pupsaresocute09-07-2008 03:36 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
what's Vimax?

KayKayFrootie09-07-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
what is vimax

09-07-2008 03:38 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
I have no idea what vimax is.

pattycake09-07-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
It's not really relavent but its a pill. thanks for the advice -Lilypad

svandy09-07-2008 03:46 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pattycake (Post 10397231)
It's not really relavent but its a pill. thanks for the advice -Lilypad

I get it...
I think I just saw it.

Lefty2109-07-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
I know! I hate those adds! There are some adds that not even adults should see :( (I am a kid) Well I have a solution. I used to see all kinds of adds on WI because I used an internet called Safari. But I have switched to Firefox which automatically blocks adds. So every time I get on WI, or any website other than webkinz I always use Firefox. I hope I helped!

LilyRose09-07-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn6767 (Post 10396807)
You just need to go and change your options so you only get webkinz ads. When you hit my pets it is one of the tabs.

They are referring to the ads here on WI. They have said it many times before and I will say it for them again--they don't control the ads.

02dawn09-07-2008 04:01 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
What Is viamex!

i love summer09-07-2008 04:08 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by svandy (Post 10396879)
They are talking about WI ads.

---------- svandy added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later ----------

I've seen this too. Zwinky has too much "Exposure". And well... yeah.

agreed. i think they need to block Zwinky and IMVU (lots of "exposure" and shirts that say stuff like "NAUGHTY") and this one i saw for a website called "Wonderland", were in the background there was a naked girl and naked guy in a hot tub

---------- i love summer added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02dawn (Post 10397759)
What Is viamex!

i don't no what Viamex is either, but i think it is a pill that what it does i can't talk about on :wi:

blessedx509-07-2008 04:16 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i love summer (Post 10397900)
agreed. i think they need to block Zwinky and IMVU (lots of "exposure" and shirts that say stuff like "NAUGHTY") and this one i saw for a website called "Wonderland", were in the background there was a naked girl and naked guy in a hot tub

Although I have not seen the ad being talked about now I have seen the IMVU and I have to totally agree that it is a little more revealing than I would like my young ones seeing.

Part of why I enjoy WI so much is that I don't have to worry as much about what my kids will read/see. I know that WI does it's best to filter what they have control over but not sure if they have control over those ads or not.

Another thing I have noticed more and more is people using tinypic to post pictures.Although that is fine I have had 3 this week that when I clicked to see their picture there was a few VERY inappropriate pictures on the same page. I don't think they were the users pictures just other pictures being advertised or however it is they do it there. Personally I use photobucket. But I can't allow my kids to open any pictures from tinypic anymore and I won't open them if they are anywhere in the room. It was that bad.

Skydreamer09-07-2008 04:19 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Oh my gosh.. I just found out what it is.. that is so wrong, on so many levels. I haven't seen it, but can t please be taken down ?!

*disgusted*

i love summer09-07-2008 04:20 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedx5 (Post 10398216)
Although I have not seen the ad being talked about now I have seen the IMVU and I have to totally agree that it is a little more revealing than I would like my young ones seeing.

Part of why I enjoy WI so much is that I don't have to worry as much about what my kids will read/see. I know that WI does it's best to filter what they have control over but not sure if they have control over those ads or not.

Another thing I have noticed more and more is people using tinypic to post pictures.Although that is fine I have had 3 this week that when I clicked to see their picture there was a few VERY inappropriate pictures on the same page. I don't think they were the users pictures just other pictures being advertised or however it is they do it there. Personally I use photobucket. But I can't allow my kids to open any pictures from tinypic anymore and I won't open them if they are anywhere in the room. It was that bad.

wierd, because i use tinypic all the time, and the worst pics i found on there were pics of people kissing.

Hippokinz09-07-2008 04:23 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
i also don't like what i see in these ads.

and svandy is right. the zwinky ads are bad, too.

rainbow2299009-07-2008 04:27 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Ya, I saw a add that said a VERY bad thing that younger kids shouldn't see, I PMed a Mod but nothin' ever happened I dont think.

i love summer09-07-2008 04:30 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
i saw i really bad ad once, but it was reported and we got rid of it!

Lefty2109-07-2008 04:31 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
you can report adds? I am ad free.

JacksMom09-07-2008 04:31 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pattycake (Post 10397231)
It's not really relavent but its a pill. thanks for the advice -Lilypad

That was really well answered, pattycake.

To those asking -- all you need to know is that it's not something intended to be sold to kids. That's why it's inappropriate here. I know you all are just curious, but what it is doesn't have anything to do with the point pattycake made in her first post. :)

slexeh09-07-2008 04:34 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
i haven't seen anything bad, but if you do, just pm a mod who is online

FIA09-07-2008 04:34 PM

Re: Innappropriate Ads
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Lilypad (Post 10396985)
If you ever see an inappropriate ad, please PM a mod with the content of the ad, and the url that it leads to. If you right click on the ad, and select "properties" you can get the link, that way you do not have to click on it.

I gotta admit, if I was a parent and I saw an ad like that on a site my kid was on, I would not let them back on it.

Yes, if you see an inappropriate ad please notify a moderator. The processing for the ads on WI was changed recently and some of the old ads that were blocked are now getting back in again. As soon as we know the new url of the ad, it can be blocked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC