| 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Oct 2008
| | Ineffective Rule?
That rule right there just seems ineffective to me. Yes, I know, these are all good rules, and I agree with them completely. But I mean, shouldn't it say something like "No sharing video game codes"? Because there's other systems other than the just Wii that have codes and can do the same thing with them as the Wii.
Originally Posted by WI Rules
Absolutely NOT: Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:
* Posting Personal Information (last name, age, city, school, phone number, etc)
* Posting Personal Pictures (or pictures of friends, family, etc, anyone who is not a celebrity)
* Sharing e-mail addresses or Wii Friend codes.
* Attempting to discuss trades outside of the Gift Exchange area (see note below)
* Pornographic material
* Overt personal abuse or threats to other posters or staff
* Swearing (There are kidz here for Heaven's Sake!)
* Harassment of other users or posting anything which would invade their privacy
* Spam (including Chain Letters)
* Commercial advertising
* Registering and using duplicate accounts after being banned or for any reason.
* Creating fake news or doctoring of images.
* Selling or exchanging pet or eStore codes.
* All other breaches of the basic Forum Terms & Conditions in place at your time of registration or at any time during your membership of WI.
If someone wanted to share, say, Xbox codes, they could do it and they wouldn't be in the wrong, because there's no rule saying you can't. Please don't misunderstand my point here. I'm not suggesting anyone doing something "bad" or break the rules here.
This may seem petty, but if it does, in fact, happen, WI would have no grounds on which to warn and the user would not be in the wrong.
Please feel free to discuss your own thoughts or opinions. I do ask though that you convey your ideas in the respects of others'.
P.S. I may or may not get bashed for making this thread, but I felt like it should be said. But do understand that I have not broken any rules or suggested that others do so, by my making this topic.
Also, my apologizes if I missed something on this site contradicting this topic.
| || |