Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
boom roasted
Webkinz :)

moonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guide

Default Increase the sig file size.

I've found it very difficult to make a nice sig that fits all of the WI requirements. There have been many occasions where I've compressed the image as much as I could without losing any of the quality, but it's still been too big. I'm not saying to up the file size by a lot, just by a suitable amount, so the graphics makers can have nice sigs without having to sacrifice the quality. For example, here's a sig I made for my friend when I uploaded it on tinypic:

(250px √ó 152px, 9.34 kb)

Click the image to open in full size.

And here is what WI resized it to:

Click the image to open in full size.

Side by side comparison:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
moonriver is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Increase the sig file size.

Well you just have to remember that it cannot be taller wider than 450px or taller than 150px. You may also on some occasions still have it shrunk if the file size is too large but that is easy to fix. There are shops for that kind of thing in the Avatars and Siggies section of the forum. I recommend Cocoabean's shop. She makes the pictures fit without downgrading the quality of the image.

Also if you want to increase the file size that you are allowed to use consider signing up to become an insider insider they have larger limits for siggies and avvies.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
ilovebeckymost‚ô•
Webkinz :)

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

Well, a bigger siggy would mean stretching out the page you post it on.
You could go to a shop to get it resized with the quality the same, as Clara had said.
If it bothers you a great deal, you always could convert to Insider Insider. If you don't wanna pay to become an Insider Insider, you just have to stick with the siggy size, sorry.
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by TheLovelyLife
Well, a bigger siggy would mean stretching out the page you post it on.
You could go to a shop to get it resized with the quality the same, as Clara had said.
If it bothers you a great deal, you always could convert to Insider Insider. If you don't wanna pay to become an Insider Insider, you just have to stick with the siggy size, sorry.
I agree. Itwould stretch the page. But.. I do wish they could have better quality.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Banned
Jayfeather is a name known to allJayfeather is a name known to allJayfeather is a name known to all

It would stretch out the page some, but I agree they could bring it up some a little bit.
Jayfeather is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I don't think that we need to expand the siggie or avvie size. It's put that way so WI can have more graphics. [Such as smileys and our banner] Having so manny over-sized avvies and siggies may not only slow down your computer, but ours too. So that's why WI doesn't expand the size. And I'm thankful they don't. Besides, it only takes a few seconds to resize or ask someone to resize your picture.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed