Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Thumbs down Inappropriate Graphics

Hey there!

Recently, I've seen a lot of avatars that I find are not appropriate for 7-year olds. WI's rules state that content on this site should be OK for 7-year olds to see. I have seen some avatars/signatures that I find are not appropriate for children that age, such as:

• people with piercings
  • shirtless male celebrities
  • kissing scenes [mainly from movies]
  • I have also seem some boyfriend/girlfriend/crush talk, which may not be suitable for younger children.
I know you might be thinking, 'why don't you just disable avvies/siggies?'. Well, I like to see the nice ones.

I addressed a Mod. on this issue a while ago, and she said that it was neutral. I think those kind of graphics shouldn't be allowed.

What do you think?

If you ever see anything you believe is inappropriate for WI, please red-flag it for a member of the staff to review. We have to see it to deal with it. --FIA

Last edited by FIA; 03-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: ,
wowewe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Default Re: Inappropriate Graphics

Agreed, do some people even know that there are kids that are younger than what you think on here?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

View Post Originally Posted by MissPuppy
Agreed, do some people even know that there are kids that are younger than what you think on here?
That's what I think. I have also seem some boyfriend/girlfriend/crush talk, which may not be suitable for younger children.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
hut? Lies!
Webkinz :)
Zaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud of

Quote:
I addressed a Mod. on this issue a while ago, and she said that it was neutral. I think those kind of graphics shouldn't be allowed.
Speaks for itself... If Mods aren't against it...
Quote:
shirtless male celebrities
Ever heard of a swimming pool?
Quote:
kissing scenes [mainly from movies]
I'm not Victorian, so I can't comment.

None of these are bad in my opinion...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Zaixionito
Speaks for itself... If Mods aren't against it...

Ever heard of a swimming pool?

I'm not Victorian, so I can't comment.

None of these are bad in my opinion...
Yes, I have heard of a swimming pool, but it's not like people go swimming every day.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
hut? Lies!
Webkinz :)
Zaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by wowewe
Yes, I have heard of a swimming pool, but it's not like people go swimming every day.
I can't believe you just said that.

I don't think I need to explain that guys don't need to wear shirts.

It's just... That's the way it works...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Zaixionito
I can't believe you just said that.

I don't think I need to explain that guys don't need to wear shirts.

It's just... That's the way it works...
Let's not fight, OK?

We're different genders, so we have different opinions.

I, personally, don't like seeing it, each and every time I come across that avatar.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

I'm kinda inbetween with this, but I do agree with Zaixionito. Kissing, in a way, isn't that inappropriate. Most kids see their parents do this everyday. It's always in fairytales. And quite frankly, when I was 7, I still thought guys had cooties. I don't see a problem.
And for the shirtless guy situation, even I have not seen this; but I don't see like a major problem in this either. ever since I was like, a baby, I've been to the beach and seen this, thought absolutely nothing of it.
oh, and I actually had a "Team Jacob" signature a while back. I think you can go figure. I was hesitant in using it so I asked one of the mods personally, and she allowed it.
But anything futher than those things above ^ shouldn't be allowed. I wish I could really think back and channel my 7 year old thoughts, because I think it's their opinion that matters most. But yeah, I can't. xD
For the most part, bf/gf stuff isn't allowed;; like in polls, rps, pretty much totally.

But yeah, all in all, it really does end up in the mod's perspective. They make the rules, they're older; they should know a bit more about this stuff than us, when it comes to this.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

Sorry, I will have to disagree. In my opinion, (and I am a mom) a 7yr old shouldn't really be on a Forum, period.
I agree with the mod that it is neutral , except maybe the kissing stuff and shirtless males, that's a little extreme even for a 13yr old in my opinion.

The piercings i don't really have a problem with, and no, I wouldn't want my kids to be pierced, but just saying...
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
I'm kinda inbetween with this, but I do agree with Zaixionito. Kissing, in a way, isn't that inappropriate. Most kids see their parents do this everyday. It's always in fairytales. And quite frankly, when I was 7, I still thought guys had cooties. I don't see a problem.
And for the shirtless things, even I have not seen this; but I don't see like a major problem in this either. ever since I was like, a baby, I've been to the beach and seen this, thought absolutely nothing of it.
But anything futher than those things above ^ shouldn't be allowed. I wish I could really think back and channel my 7 year old thoughts, because I think it's their opinion that matters most. But yeah, I can't. xD
For the most part, bf/gf stuff isn't allowed;; like in polls, rps, pretty much totally.

But yeah, all in all, it really does end up in the mod's perspective. They make the rules, they're older; they should know a bit more about this stuff than us, when it comes to this.
I mean all out. Not just a small little one, like our parents do every day.

More exposure to it brings more thinking of it, right?

I wish I could go back to those thoughts, too .

I've seen some discussion of it, and polls about it.

View Post Originally Posted by AgtPix
Sorry, I will have to disagree. In my opinion, (and I am a mom) a 7yr old shouldn't really be on a Forum, period.
I agree with the mod that it is neutral , except maybe the kissing stuff and shirtless males, that's a little extreme even for a 13yr old in my opinion.

The piercings i don't really have a problem with, and no, I wouldn't want my kids to be pierced, but just saying...
That is true. I don't believe there is a 7 year old on this site [don't let me know if you are one, or if you know someone on here that is], I think the youngest age on here would be 10 years old.

I agree . It's extreme for me.
wowewe is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code wowewe