Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Gift Trainee

moomoo12 will become famous soon enough

Default Inappropriate Ads

Lately i have noticed some inappropriate ads around WI.I just don't think that they would be appropriate for a seven year old to see. All i am wondering is if WI has control over what ads are put up around the site.
moomoo12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
IM A WHONKIN
Gift Guru

zebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Inappropriate Ads

I have seen those, as well. Frightening to see on a children's site.
zebra123456 is offline Male
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I've seen a few myself. All I did was notify FIA with the info. That was a bit ago and I haven't seen anymore yet.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #4

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

WI is signed up for family friendly ads, however once and awhile a "naughty" one slips through. If you see anything that makes you go "hmm" notify a admin with a screen shot, time & date and if you feel comfortable a link. That will help them get it blocked out.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Well,

WI has no ads. Well, they may have family friendly ads but the bad ones do show up sometimes. Thought, I don't know if that's right... *props to gnomie*

They don't show any ads and the ads that come on your screen may be from another website. WI is completely ad free as i've been told by a mod. They keep the ads off for safety. They may be pop ups from another site, or the ads just come on the screen. Try your best to ignore the pop ups

^^that's as far as I know.

-Carlyy<3
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
eleven wackies
Webkinz :)

KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero
KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero

I have seen "Click here to hear me burp" on kinzville news. I thought it was inappropiate for a kids site.
KevinELevin is offline Male
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #7

pink_starburst is on a distinguished road

I have seen a couple too I have been told that sometimes some of the inappropriate ads get advertised by accident.....
pink_starburst is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I have seen these as well.
One thing I know is, Seven year olds are more likely to pay attention to the posts, the forum, and the main page, not the ads.
I know this because I like to babysit, and I was once a seven year old.
The good thing about WI is, 7 year olds are going to see all the kind member's posts.
I would like to give a big thankyou for setting a great example for these young members.
Few 7 year olds actually pay attention to ads. I just hope they know not to click on them if they do pay attention to them. Ads can lead to some innopropriate websites. That is what is so good about parental blocks until you are old enough and mature enough to know not to click on ads!
I hope I made a good point.

Posting my opinion:
S.O.S.Star

---------- S.O.S.Star added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

Grea advice gnomie! That is what more members should do when this happens!

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 02-04-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #9

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

I have seen some. When I see them, I PM an admin with the time, place of the ad, what it was for, and... what MissGnomie said. LOL. I don't like seeing them around here, and I hope they can be stopped.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thumbs down Re: Inappropriate Ads

I agree! I was just thinking about that. . . weird! Anyways, some of these are inappropiate, but some are good. Seven year olds I imagine would not be talking in a forum! But, some of these ads are bad, but you could click to that site, and from there to another site, etc. Then, it could be bad.
badena2 is offline Female
Closed