Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

Default Inactive Status Reminder Pop Up / Session Extender

I often log into WI from home and sometimes from work and I don't want the PCs I use to remember me and my password or stay logged in to any site for an extended period of time.

When I get busy I minimize the window and often when I get back to what I was looking at or doing that require you to be logged in ... I've timed out and have to log in again.

What I would like is a pop-up that let's you know you are about to time out and be logged out.
That pop-up would also ask you if you would like to extend your session.

You can say yes and you're set till it times out again.
"30 minutes or whatever the limit is".

or if you don't want it.

You can say no and it won't extend you>
And it won't remind you again till the next time you log in and time out.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by chmoneybags; 07-15-2009 at 01:37 PM..
chmoneybags is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Inactive Status Reminder Pop Up / Session Extender

Thats a nice idea, but you can usually just log out and log in. I dont think i would like the pop-up. But thanks for suggesting
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 07-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
My dog likes
Webkinz :)

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

Interesting idea, but usually whenever my account logs off automatically, it's because I'm off the computer, so I wouldn't see the pop up anyway.

Interesting idea, though.
Tango is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

I think that's a nice idea. Maybe like Webkinz, where it will bring WebkinzInsider back up as your main screen with the little mini pop-up saying that you haven't done anything for a while, and if you don't confirm that you'd like to stay logged it, it could automatically log you out. That's a pretty neat idea. I'm remembered on my PC, so I don't think that this would apply to me as much, but for those who have to log out and in inbetween, I like this idea. Great suggestion!
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

There is a pop-up stating "you haven't done anything for a while.. (I'm paraphrasing)... do you wish to continue?" If the pop-up receives no response within a certain length of time (not quite certain about the time frame) the session is then timed out.
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #6

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Tango
Interesting idea, but usually whenever my account logs off automatically, it's because I'm off the computer, so I wouldn't see the pop up anyway.

Interesting idea, though.
I agree. The only reason my account logs of is because I am not at the computer. But it's a nice thought.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #7

17Starlite is just really nice17Starlite is just really nice

Good idea, it should time out in 1 minute and just log you off.
17Starlite is offline Female
Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
saminwunderland

Samcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to allSamcassie97 is a name known to all

I think that would be a good idea. It would really help busy Adults and Kids keep up with WI.
Samcassie97 is offline Female
Closed