Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #81
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Default Re: Important Reminder: WI Members with special needs.

View Post Originally Posted by Alcnor
Yup. When you talk to a person in real life, it is easier to see if they are being rude, or if their flaw is unintentional. However, over the Internet, it is near impossible to know these things, so one must exercise sensitivity in their words and actions. Thank you for this important reminder
It is easier to tell if something is wrong; Isn't it? There is no image of the person, so you don't know how old they are or anything. It's pretty hard to tell.

Thanks.
pounder is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #82
call meh ciara. :)
Webkinz :)

cmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clown

EXCELLENT POINT! I agree with you. Some people are harsh and they take first impressions WAAAAY to seriously. Wi members should all take time and get to know eachother and understand them. Some people Label eachother after they talk for 5 minutes. It takes months sometimes to find out everything about eachother..

Don't label eachother. We aren't soup cans!
cmb123 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #83
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by cmb123
EXCELLENT POINT! I agree with you. Some people are harsh and they take first impressions WAAAAY to seriously. Wi members should all take time and get to know eachother and understand them. Some people Label eachother after they talk for 5 minutes. It takes months sometimes to find out everything about eachother..

Don't label eachother. We aren't soup cans!
Yes. that's right.

Thanks.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #84
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thank you!
I agree, we need to be patient with ALL members because they might have special needs.
Rep!
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #85
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Thank you!
I agree, we need to be patient with ALL members because they might have special needs.
Rep!
Thanks.

Yes, we sure do.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #86
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Good Point! Everyone should at least try to be nice. You never know if someone does have disabilities. Rep for you!
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #87
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by HawaiianBreeze
Good Point! Everyone should at least try to be nice. You never know if someone does have disabilities. Rep for you!
Thanks. That is very true.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #88
Yip Eeeee! I am a

polkadot101 has a reputation beyond reputepolkadot101 has a reputation beyond reputepolkadot101 has a reputation beyond reputepolkadot101 has a reputation beyond reputepolkadot101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
I completly understand.
I have a special needs friend.
Shes very nice.
polkadot101 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #89
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great thread!!! Thanks for making this! I teach children with Special Needs, and the only thing that's different about them is that they learn a little differently than others. If you think about it, we all learn in different ways, so my students really aren't different at all.

Some of us learn best by hearing something, some of us learn best by seeing a picture of what the other person is talking about, some of us have to touch and feel an item to get a true sense of what it's all about.

View Post Originally Posted by pounder
Just another reminder: Don't ask the person if they have special needs - It might offend them.
IMHO, you should add this statement to the first post of your thread, because people need to see it, and they may not see it tucked back on the page it was on. Just a suggestion.

View Post Originally Posted by slbradshaw
This was a wonderful thread and might I also add that some people are technologically challenged, like myself, so I don't understand a lot of the computer lingo and how to do a lot of things with the computer, other than type. I am slowly learning though thanks to so many helpful people here on WI, but I have also had people belittle me and act nasty towards me because I ask what something means or how to do something. Thanks for bringing to everyone's attention to be a little more patient with others,since we really know nothing about the other person.
I have a good friend on here like that! She says she doesn't do well on typing her responses and answering on a computer and stuff like that. You'd never, never know it, though. I didn't know until she told me! She speaks so well, and is so friendly and well-put with her words that you wouldn't know unless she told you.

Just goes to show that you can even be friends with someone on here and you won't know/might not know everything.

It's unfortunate when people act nasty towards others because they don't know something...I remember when I didn't know how to post pictures, and Tink24BELL took the time to PM me and say that if I wanted help, just ask and she would help me through it. She was sooo patient with me! I have never forgotten that sweet act of kindness.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #90
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by polkadot101
Hi!
I completly understand.
I have a special needs friend.
Shes very nice.
Hey!

I'm sure she is.. A lot of people are nice.
pounder is offline Male
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, code wowewe, cookiecrumbles!, hurricanes, nice thread! am, pounder, reminder, sana :}, special needs, very nice of you!