Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #91
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Default Re: Important Reminder: WI Members with special needs.

View Post Originally Posted by Polarity
Great thread!!! Thanks for making this! I teach children with Special Needs, and the only thing that's different about them is that they learn a little differently than others. If you think about it, we all learn in different ways, so my students really aren't different at all.

Some of us learn best by hearing something, some of us learn best by seeing a picture of what the other person is talking about, some of us have to touch and feel an item to get a true sense of what it's all about.

IMHO, you should add this statement to the first post of your thread, because people need to see it, and they may not see it tucked back on the page it was on. Just a suggestion.

I have a good friend on here like that! She says she doesn't do well on typing her responses and answering on a computer and stuff like that. You'd never, never know it, though. I didn't know until she told me! She speaks so well, and is so friendly and well-put with her words that you wouldn't know unless she told you.

Just goes to show that you can even be friends with someone on here and you won't know/might not know everything.

It's unfortunate when people act nasty towards others because they don't know something...I remember when I didn't know how to post pictures, and Tink24BELL took the time to PM me and say that if I wanted help, just ask and she would help me through it. She was sooo patient with me! I have never forgotten that sweet act of kindness.
That's right.. We all learn in different ways.

Ok, I'll add it. Thanks!

Yes, she is very nice and patient. It's nice of her.
pounder is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #92
ow I'm addicted to
Webkinz :)

CREDD is a splendid one to beholdCREDD is a splendid one to beholdCREDD is a splendid one to beholdCREDD is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Polarity
Great thread!!! Thanks for making this! I teach children with Special Needs, and the only thing that's different about them is that they learn a little differently than others. If you think about it, we all learn in different ways, so my students really aren't different at all.

Some of us learn best by hearing something, some of us learn best by seeing a picture of what the other person is talking about, some of us have to touch and feel an item to get a true sense of what it's all about.

IMHO, you should add this statement to the first post of your thread, because people need to see it, and they may not see it tucked back on the page it was on. Just a suggestion.

I have a good friend on here like that! She says she doesn't do well on typing her responses and answering on a computer and stuff like that. You'd never, never know it, though. I didn't know until she told me! She speaks so well, and is so friendly and well-put with her words that you wouldn't know unless she told you.

Just goes to show that you can even be friends with someone on here and you won't know/might not know everything.

It's unfortunate when people act nasty towards others because they don't know something...I remember when I didn't know how to post pictures, and Tink24BELL took the time to PM me and say that if I wanted help, just ask and she would help me through it. She was sooo patient with me! I have never forgotten that sweet act of kindness.

Great post Polarity! Your students must love you. Thanks for pointing out that there are many different ways that people could be struggling and that we need to be kind and helpful to everyone we meet.
CREDD is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #93
onderwoman.

Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!Smog is not just visiting!

good job i agree. my cousin has autism and his brother gets mad at him full time. i know how he feels, because i get pounded by my own brother a lot
Smog is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #94
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Thanks for pointing this out! I think alot of members (myself being one of them) forget about that. I think you deserve some rep for this.
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #95
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

Thanks everyone.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #96

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

Well I don't have a "metal dissability" correctly speaking. But some of the older members use large words I can't understand. And some other people may have a mental dissability. But it's a good reminder. It sometimes it makes them feel stupid or dumb if they can't understnad the words and they have to ask what they means. I know i do.

xoxo Sana
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #97
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl
Well I don't have a "metal dissability" correctly speaking. But some of the older members use large words I can't understand. And some other people may have a mental dissability. But it's a good reminder. It sometimes it makes them feel stupid or dumb if they can't understnad the words and they have to ask what they means. I know i do.

xoxo Sana
Yes, sometimes it is hard to understand.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #98
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl

xoxo Sana
Hi, turtlegurl!

You make a very good point, and I will try very hard to remember that!

Sometimes I only think about the people I'm actually talking with at the time...

Thanks for the great reminder!

Horses
Horses4Me is offline Female
Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #99
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Horses4Me
Hi, turtlegurl!

You make a very good point, and I will try very hard to remember that!

Sometimes I only think about the people I'm actually talking with at the time...

Thanks for the great reminder!

Horses
It is a great reminder.
pounder is offline Male
Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #100
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Wow, amazing reminders! I do try to remember this with all people, and I hope that other members will too!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, code wowewe, cookiecrumbles!, hurricanes, nice thread! am, pounder, reminder, sana :}, special needs, very nice of you!