Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
acky april fools!!
Gifted

ducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: "I'm ignored" to try and get more attention

i know it!! rep 4 youuuu!!!
ducttapequeen is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

unsoclbuttrfly defies all odds
unsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
If someone is acting like they are ignored, go to their profile and talk to them. Nobody is ignored on the forum. Recommend them to the Friends Wanted section. Be their friend. Be their mentor. Just be there for them.
It may seem that they want attention, which sometimes is the case, but sometimes they may be going through a tough time in life, and feel like they need friends.
Take in the feelings of everyone and consider that.
I agree with badena.

While I agree that sometimes maybe it is about wanting to get more attention, I think sometimes maybe it's not. Unless we know all the specifics of why someone feels that way or what their situation is, we should give the benefit of the doubt. I mean, isn't that what WI is? A group of really friendly, helpful people with a common interest. If the post seems like it's just for attention, each of us can just choose not to answer as we see fit, but just taking the time to respond and say hello, or recommending where to look in the forums to find friends and build your WI presence, or leaving a VM on someone's profile might really make the difference in someone's day.

I feel very fortunate to have "met" some very nice people here on WI...people who don't judge me because I'm an adult who plays a "kids game" and if I'm having a stressful day, reading their messages and funny posts can definitely help improve my outlook at that point in time. Maybe it's silly, but it is true. (For the record, I've never made one of those "I feel ignored" posts, I was a lurker for a long time, but I'm sure glad I broke that habit.
unsoclbuttrfly is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

I agree with you Crazy. Just this once.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 11-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

I agree with you both, crazy and badena. If they feel bad show them to the "Friendz Wanted" section - let them know it's a better place to go. But, I just don't like the people who DO do it for attention.
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #15
egg
Run Mouse Run!

egg is just really niceegg is just really nice

I agree with you completley, it is rather annoying.
egg is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #16
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

100% agreement here!!! Like anywhere in life, you have to put in effort to get a result. I've had threads before that got 4 visits, and eventually the mods shut it down. Was I sad? Yea, a little. Did I think I was ignored? No, I thought I needed to put more work into making a better quality thread! Webkinz Insider has a lot going on, and we don't all get the chance to see every thread. If we "ignore" you, don't complain, try, try again. It's the only way you will be successful here, and in life. Hugs.
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
oot Woot! I'm A

Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!

I hate when people do this. I,being a kind person will go talk to that person. But,keep in mind when you were new here and everyone ignored you. I'm sure you felt bad,so these people saying they are being ignored just want to make some friends and be noticed.

Everyone goes through it. Just be a nice person and if they think they're being ignored; drop them a friend invite and leave them a VM. It's the polite thing to do. Don't judge people,just because they aren't popular,have a ton of posts,lots of rep,and talks to everyone. Try to make a new friend each day! It's nice to meet new people. I would give that person a chance.

~Perrypinkster
Perrypinkster is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
Gifted

BubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond repute

I'd tell you what I think, but nobody pays attention to me anyway.
BubbaGump is offline Male
Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Hey Crazy, happy Thursday!
While I appreciate and value your opinion, your post prompts me to reply that I do not necessarily agree with you.

Until and unless we walk the other person’s journey, we really just don't know what their feelings or motives are. By taking 4 seconds to reply to someone who is struggling, upset, unsure - can be quite helpful to that person. Maybe they feel they are ignored because the only thing they feel they can offer is being offered by 1,000 other people? Maybe they need a suggestion in another direction to feel they are contributing and being productive? Rather than criticize, perhaps you can be the difference in their life with a simple hello or by befriending them? It is such an unbelievable reward to give back and be helpful. The holidays are around the corner. Having an educated background, I can assure you; this is the most depressing time of year for a lot of people. Chances are we will see a few more posts such as the ones you describe. Will you be the positive difference in their life? Be the change you wish to see.
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
Gifted

BubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by BubbaGump
I'd tell you what I think, but nobody pays attention to me anyway.
That was meant to be a joke, by the way.
BubbaGump is offline Male
Closed

Tags
hurricanes