Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

rainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to all

Arrow Ignoring Threads - Please don't do that

I have noticed that alot of people Ignore threads. here are some of the reasons I think that

• Isn't rated 5 Stars
• Has no Posts
• Is by a new member
• Isn't by someone they know
• Is by someone who has a little bit of posts
• Etc....

Reason 1 - It's not rated 5 stars because nobody ever goes to it. How can someone rate something when you do go to it or don't see it?

Reason 2 - Nobody posts on it because nobody wants to go on it for the reason I just shared. Just because it has no posts doesn't mean you should ignore because it's bad. It may be good!

Reason 3 - the New Member is just trying to make something of their own because well they are new. They probably don't have threads already of their own.

Reason 4 - Just because it's by someone you don't know, doesn't mean you ignore it. I mean of course we all want our friends to make something or have a thread you can read, but there are other people who want you read something or make something for you. II was looking in the Creative Writing Section and I saw a story by someone I didn't know but I read it..It was fabulous!

Reason 5 - POST COUNT DOES NOT MATTER! It matters when you want to be a Gift trainee ( you need 50 informative posts) but still, it doesn't matter! If someone has more posts that doesn't mean they are better. If someone has less posts then you it does not mean they don't matter!

All I am trying to say is please don't ignore threads anymore. It hurts everyone's feelings. They worked so hard and then to see it was ignored!

Here are some quotes:

View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
I agree! You could at least think of something to say if it is a new member it will make them feel good and you can even welcome them. If you look at a thread then you should reply. It's the right thing to do.
Rep!

Thanks for posting! When I was a new member making my first thread I felt wonderful when people replied!

View Post Originally Posted by bigfireball
Whenever I reply to a post I never take notice to if they are new or anything like that, if the topic is of interest to me I will reply to it.

Thats seriously what people should do! Some people judge to early here...

Last edited by rainbowwebkinz; 03-29-2009 at 08:55 AM..
rainbowwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Ignoring Threads - Please don't do that

I agree! You could at least think of something to say if it is a new member it will make them feel good and you can even welcome them. If you look at a thread then you should reply. It's the right thing to do.
Rep!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #3

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

Whenever I reply to a post I never take notice to if they are new or anything like that, if the topic is of interest to me I will reply to it.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #4

rainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to all

Thanks for posting! When I was a new member making my first thread I felt wonderful when people replied!

View Post Originally Posted by bigfireball

Thats seriously what people should do!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #5

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

i agree with bigfireball. i never look at the rating, post count, or who made it untill later. if i like the thread i post on it. great thread, and rep for you
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #6

Thank you for posting!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
bigr88smom is on a distinguished road

i never pay any attention to wether the person is new or any of the other reason you listed. i go to and reply when it is about something i am interested in reading and replying to. i guess their are mean people out there, we see them in the trading room!
bigr88smom is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

I so agree! Post count does NOT matter, and if you are new help them, don't ignore them! I only ignore threads if the topic doesn't really interest me, and can't say much about it. If he/she is new welcome her! If a thread doesn't have any posts, post! (If you could find something to say). I never pay attention to someone's post count, cause it DOESN'T MATTER.
MissSparkle is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Sholyrn
Gifted

sholyrn is just really nicesholyrn is just really nice

This is a great thread. I always try to post when I can. You have a very good point.
sholyrn is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree, there's nothing more frustrating than one someone doesn't reply on a thread you worked hard to make! Great thread rep!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Closed