Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #331
molly8916
Gifted

molly8916 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: If you *thought* you ordered....

View Post Originally Posted by legalcat
p.s. the number I called was used by this person in several internet advertisements about a prom dress that she was selling where she used the name and the phone number multiple times on multiple different websites.
I can see she could be selling a prom dress cause their daughter? just graduated.
That is posible.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #332
legalcat

the prom dress she was selling was from april of 2007... also when I called she sounded young and a baby was crying in the background...

also that could be a story... sometimes people selling stuff make up a back story to go with it to try to sell it better
Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #333
Gift Guru

77marie will become famous soon enough

Hey folks ---

I just called Michelle at the alternative number I have... this is the conversation:

Her: Hello

Me: Can I speak to .......... please?

Her: (long pause) you have the wrong number.

Me: can I speak to ............ please?

Her: (long pause) there is no one here named ...........

Me: OK. Can I ask your name?

Her: Laughing, its none of your business.

Me: Ok well, you should be interested to know that someone is comitting internet fraud which has already been reported to the authorities. And this is that persons phone number, so if I were you I would be really interested in whats going on.

Her: How do you know its fraud?

Me: Its clearly fraud and the authorities have been notified.

Her: sputter sputter... long pause... hang up.

This conversation confirms to me that this whole thing is a fraud. No one can convince me of the contrary at this point unless I see a pic of someone with their cheeky dog in hand. I feel the need to urge people to call their local police departments regardless of getting your money back. This is criminal and someone should be prosecuted and held accountable no matter if you got your money back or not. This person will just move onto the next scam.

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 02-01-2008 at 04:39 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #334
Gifted

Rudy is just really niceRudy is just really nice

Hey folks ---

I just called Michelle at the alternative number I have... this is the conversation:

Her: Hello

Me: Can I speak to .......... please?

Her: (long pause) you have the wrong number.

Me: can I speak to .......... please?

Her: (long pause) there is no one here named ...........

Me: OK. Can I ask your name?

Her: Laughing, its none of your business.

Me: Ok well, you should be interested to know that someone is comitting internet fraud which has already been reported to the authorities. And this is that persons phone number, so if I were you I would be really interested in whats going on.

Her: How do you know its fraud?

Me: Its clearly fraud and the authorities have been notified.

Her: sputter sputter... long pause... hang up.

Wow...

I was actually going to call today. I'm glad you did it, I was getting nervous lol. That is a weird phone call though.

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 02-01-2008 at 04:39 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #335
molly8916
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by photomommy
I just get my last 2 orders cancelled so I should get a refund on Monday back to my CC. I bought the 24figurine set on 1/21 on ebay and litterally just recv'd a few mins ago so it took 10 days, but she provided a tracking #. So that helped seemed the post office took it's time could be the bad winterstorms we are having here. Wish the Michelle would provide track # like it states on the site to make people feel at ease.
I had also ordered a 24 figure set on ebay won it sunday night and it got here wednesday that lady is an awesome shipper I try to only order from fast people. I hate to wait.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #336
theblueeyz
Gifted
theblueeyz is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

lol thanks everyone... I appreciate the compliments...
No seriously, that was fantastic. You saved everyone here a phone call they probably were dreading.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #337
molly8916
Gifted

legalcat, you did wee where I had posted that they had a different email for paypal and that they were unverified.
I could not find them on ebay with that same address so I dont know.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #338
legalcat

Someone said they are on ebay but I dont know what user name it is... I want to call again but I want to record the call so everyone can hear it but I just dont know how to do that
Old 02-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #339
sticksnstones5
Gift Guru

sticksnstones5 is on a distinguished road

People are talking about slow shipping but, we need to be realistic here.

I ordered a box of series one trading cards on the same day as Rudy ordered her cheekies. (different seller, not michelle)

Now, the seller was shipping from gorgia and I'm in canada. ..That's a long way. I got my package wednesday, and Rudy is much closer then I am. So I doubt slow shipping is even a small reason.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #340
Gifted
mcpugs is on a distinguished road

Someone said they are on ebay but I dont know what user name it is... I want to call again but I want to record the call so everyone can hear it but I just dont know how to do that
Speaker phone & a digital recorder
Closed