Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #301
bostielove
Gifted

Mutt is a jewel in the roughMutt is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: If you *thought* you ordered....

Blueeyez has made a wonderful point. Also, why put 'Toystore' instead of 'ToysRUs' or the actual name? I think that this person is a fraud-- I mean why would all of these excuses 'happen'? If someone does get an order, I'd leave neutral feedback.
Mutt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #302
Gift Guru

koto is just really nicekoto is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by theblueeyz
Wow - I've dealt with people like this before. Several years ago I was part of an online community that got scammed repeatedly by people offering quick money making schemes (you'll ask why they didn't learn, well, people can lose ALL common sense when a cost is so low relative to the potential gain).

Every excuse those scammers used - every tactic they used - every behavior they exhibited -
is exactly what is coming out of this woman:

1. Constant stalling
2. The sudden catastrophic event - heart attack, death in the family, house burned down. I've seen them all.
3. The select few who either receive what they were promised, or get a refund - this keeps the rest of the group guessing about whether it's "all just a mixup" or really a scam.
4. Acting exasperated that they can't get stuff done cause everyone keeps bothering them.
5. They have time to update their website to get more money, but not to answer your questions.

I could go on.

This is a textbook scam from what I've seen, and I've seen ALOT. I would be exceedingly surprised if it weren't.

Sadly, I must agree with you on this. Even more saddening for me anyways is the fact that I have also placed an order with this place. Although there were several "red flags" if you will with this I guess I ignored them with the overwhelming desire to finally be able to get my children the webkinz that they have wanted for so long.

Several things like the excuses, free website, and email were suspicious. I guess I ignored them partly because I have used the free emails and websites in the past myself and I of course have never done any type of scams. I really wanted to give them the benefit of doubt but it is not looking to good. I work as a law enforcement officer and have started looking into this on my end. I have also contacted NYSP and have them looking into this as well.

Legalcat did you get my pm? I could use that additional info.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #303
DizzyDSki
Webkinz :)
DizzyDSki is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by legalcat
Thanks blueeyz, I couldnt have said it better myself.

---------- legalcat added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

Plus, some people ordered $30 and some people ordered over 1,000... what if the people who are getting reunds are only the small ones... has anyone who ordered more than several hundred or close to or over 1,000 gotten a refund yet?
Legalcat - I've received a total of about 4-5 refunds. One was for a discount code she honored after the fact of placing an order...the other 3-4 were for orders that I had placed one after the other and she didn't have everything in stock. The total of these refunds...I don't want to get too much into detail just yet, but it was a good amount over $1,000.

On the other hand, there was quite a bit I still have on order with her and hope to get...a good amount over $1,000.

Any other updates from anyone? Tracking numbers? E-Mail replies? Deliveries?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #304
legalcat

Well, I think refunds started happening after people started calling her home phone number... if it is a scammer, I bet she didnt think that a bunch of "kids" on a website could figure out how to find out who she is and her real information...

If she is for real, why wouldnt she come back here and make a post... at least try to explain herself.. she claims that she actually shipped out on the day before the death in the family all the orders that were placed on the 22nd and 23rd... people should have started receiving those items now... and some people who she said she already shipped their items - she turned around and gave a refund... why would she refund something that she already shipped unless that was a lie... if she already shipped it, she would say look i shipped it, give it a couple more days to come... not refund your money no questions asked...
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #305
Gift Guru

77marie will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by theblueeyz
Wow - I've dealt with people like this before. Several years ago I was part of an online community that got scammed repeatedly by people offering quick money making schemes (you'll ask why they didn't learn, well, people can lose ALL common sense when a cost is so low relative to the potential gain).

Every excuse those scammers used - every tactic they used - every behavior they exhibited -
is exactly what is coming out of this woman:

1. Constant stalling
2. The sudden catastrophic event - heart attack, death in the family, house burned down. I've seen them all.
3. The select few who either receive what they were promised, or get a refund - this keeps the rest of the group guessing about whether it's "all just a mixup" or really a scam.
4. Acting exasperated that they can't get stuff done cause everyone keeps bothering them.
5. They have time to update their website to get more money, but not to answer your questions.

I could go on.

This is a textbook scam from what I've seen, and I've seen ALOT. I would be exceedingly surprised if it weren't.
I agree with you as well and even though I am not involved in this matter other than wanting to protect my friends here I really appreciate you posting this.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #306
Gifted

Rudy is just really niceRudy is just really nice

The mail just came today... no Webkinz.

In my Google account it says its shipped regular first-class mail. She told me its USPS... ?

nvm-----------

She won't send me a tracking number.

Last edited by Rudy; 02-01-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #307
Gifted
mcpugs is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Rudy

In my Google account it says its shipped regular first-class mail. She told me its USPS... uh.... ?
USPS = regular first class mail.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #308
Webkinz :)

catshockney is an unknown quantity at this point

The one thing that bothers me the most is the lack of communication. She was so good to post in here letting us know what was going on, and now when people are saying she is a scam she hasn't come to say anything at all. It just does not make any sense.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #309
molly8916
Gifted

molly8916 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Rudy

In my Google account it says its shipped regular first-class mail. She told me its USPS... uh.... ?
That is regular mail Rudy.
Maybe tomorrow..okay
I am still holding out hope for you!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #310
Gifted

Rudy is just really niceRudy is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by mcpugs
USPS = regular first class mail.

Oh! I didn't even think about what that meant. LOL Thanks!
Closed