Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default If a question has been answered...

Hello!

I know I've seen threads about this before, but I haven't seen one recently, and I've been seeing this happen a lot.

If you see a thread where someone has asked a question, scan the other responses to see if it has been answered. If it has, there is no need to respond with the same exact thing. If that person gave an incorrect answer, or if you have a different idea, then of course! Please post! Different responses are helpful. Repeating the same thing someone else has already said, however, is unnecessary.

Thanks so much for reading!

Maggie Mae
Maggie Mae is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Pokemonand webkinz4ever

Default Re: If a question has been answered...

I know exactly what you mean! I find it to be completely useless, not to mention kind of disrespectful for not reading the first two or three posts. It will only take up another few seconds of your life.

Rep to you, for bringing this up!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by Pokemonand webkinz4ever
I know exactly what you mean! I find it to be completely useless, not to mention kind of disrespectful for not reading the first two or three posts. It will only take up another few seconds of your life.

Rep to you, for bringing this up!
Thank you for responding, and I completely agree! There have been several times when I've answered a question, and gone back to find that three other people have said the same exact thing as me! It's like I'm being ignored, and what I say doesn't count. Very direspectful
Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

While I agree, I think it's kind of nice to post.
Sometimes it's useless, but if you'd like to add something, of course it's not!

But I see your point.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I agree very much. There is never ANY reason to just post an answer to have a post and have the **chance** at a rep point for it. There are so many people out there that DO need help so get out there and find THAT person.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

I agree...if you're just repeating the same answer it's not that helpful, if the question has already been answered. If something was missed, by all means fill in. Otherwise 15 posts with the same answer is kind of silly.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
While I agree, I think it's kind of nice to post.
Sometimes it's useless, but if you'd like to add something, of course it's not!

But I see your point.
Thank you for responding! Of course I think if there is something to add, by all means post! I just dislike it when people repeat the same answer, hoping that the OP will give them a rep for it
View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
I agree very much. There is never ANY reason to just post an answer to have a post and have the **chance** at a rep point for it. There are so many people out there that DO need help so get out there and find THAT person.
Exactly! I see so many posts that go unanswered, find those and help them for the sake of helping them and being a kind person, not just to get more rep! Thanks for posting!
View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I agree...if you're just repeating the same answer it's not that helpful, if the question has already been answered. If something was missed, by all means fill in. Otherwise 15 posts with the same answer is kind of silly.
Thank you for responding, I agree completely!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

Just wondering,, does that make it a fluff post? like it wouldn't make your post count any higher?
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by bunnyslippers13
Just wondering,, does that make it a fluff post? like it wouldn't make your post count any higher?
I'm not sure, I know they look into people's posts, but I'm not sure if they look at the context surrounding where the person posted it, you know? It would be nice, but that might just be too much work for them to deal with
Old 04-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

cause i was thinking maybe thats why people do that... to get a higher post count im not trying to make the people look like crooks or anything just something that popped into my head..

View Post Originally Posted by Maggie Mae
I'm not sure, I know they look into people's posts, but I'm not sure if they look at the context surrounding where the person posted it, you know? It would be nice, but that might just be too much work for them to deal with
Yeah i get it... I agree with you too on that.
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Closed