Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Cool Idea for finding Doug!

Hello!

I know there have been suggestions about the front page of WI getting updated with the findings of Doug, but how about just having the link or something around where the rare items are posted? That way as soon as i get on to WI, i can just click the link and it will take me to the thread. I get on often just to check when Doug the dog comes out and it would be really handy to have it up there for quick checking. I don't know if that would be hard or not but it's just an idea.

Since just about everyone visits the thread, it would be cool to make it really official and have it easily gotten too.

On a down side maybe people would start taking advatage of it. I guess we have to weigh in the good and the bad.

Any thoughts or comments on the matter?

Last edited by bballmars; 06-16-2009 at 02:05 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Idea for finding Doug!

This would be a nice and helpful feature, and I'm sure it would be easy to add. However, I simply have it in my subscribed threads, and can easily get to it from there. I think that doing that is easy enough... though I am not in any way against this idea, because it IS a very good idea.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #3

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Ave, i'm not exactly sure what subscribed threads are. What is that and how do you use it?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
Ave, i'm not exactly sure what subscribed threads are. What is that and how do you use it?
It's like bookmarking a thread, so you can easily return to it. I have it set so that every thread I post on I subscribe to (go to User Cp >> Edit Options to set it that way), but if you don't have it set up that way, then you can still easily subscribe to a thread.

Simply go to the top of the thread and click "Thread Tools", and then select "Subscribe to Thread". You can easily access it by going to your Subscribed Threads, in the top left corner under your PMs and WI Bucks and above the New Posts section, or by going to Quick Links, on the top right corner of the page, and clicking "Subscribed Threads" there.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #5

Thanks for your help! But still, the whole point is to get it pretty fast and half the time i don't even log in.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

All the people that work hard to track him down for everyone take a lot of time on that... Even after some have already traded with him, they are still helping out to track him for others that haven't.
All the work that they do to help, it isn't that hard to check the last couple pages of the thread to find where he is.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
It's fun to be a
Gifted

bubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with Kelly. I use the thread a lot to check on Doug. Most of the time I don't log in either. I just have the first page of the thread under My Favorites on my Internet. I just click on that and then the last page of the thread. Kelly and her "Scouts" do a great job of keeping the schedule on every (or at least every other) page of the thread so it's easy to find out where Doug has been.
bubbanight is offline Female
Old 06-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
All the people that work hard to track him down for everyone take a lot of time on that... Even after some have already traded with him, they are still helping out to track him for others that haven't.
All the work that they do to help, it isn't that hard to check the last couple pages of the thread to find where he is.
Oh no, i'm not really saying about that. Just thought since it's such great information that it would be cool if we could just have the thread to click on to find out where he is.
Closed