Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #31
ishes she could fly.
Webkinz :)

SavedByGrace has a spectacular aura aboutSavedByGrace has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: An Idea for the Avatar & Signature Section

I have a good shop in my siggie! Feel free to take a look!
SavedByGrace is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #32
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz5929
1) Just like you quoted in the first post, it would take traffic away from the shops that people work hard on. People usually like it better when the people come to their shop to get graphics, rather than finding random people and giving them graphics.

2) Also along those lines, it would be kind of hard to request graphics if you don't know the guidelines. For example, some graphic makers can't make animations or photo shop images etc, and the people requesting the graphics wouldn't know that. I know that the graphic makers could just skip over those posts, but it would still be a bit confusing, and I have a feeling that a lot of the graphics would turn out wrong and not how the requester wanted them.

3) Also, just like you quoted, I feel like the thread would be confusing. The mods have so much work as it is, and if they had to look through all of the flagged posts in this thread and make sure that the graphic was received and make sure that it was flagged for that reason, it would just take more time off of more important issues.
View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I guess... People do usually like it when customers come to their shop, but that doesn't always happen now, anyways.
WI is very good at guidelines; I'm sure this thread---if made-- would have to have some rules/what you are allowed to ask for. If a request is way out there---like an animation, as you said---then they would have to go to one of the shops because that is something that you need to be very specific about.
I don't think it would be confusing, if you read it and understand what you are supposed to do.
You need a graphic, like an Edward image, with a '♥' added. You make up your own little form (or possibly one made for the thread) and wait. A graphic maker sees it. They [graphic maker] make it, and PM it to the requester. Requester gets it, and likes it. They either modify their post as 'solved' or flag it to be deleted.
Instead of flagging it or writing 'SOLVED' in the title, what if Justin got it in like the Q&A section in the Somebody Help section. Like it would say in green letters: GRAPHIC MADE or in red: GRAPHIC NOT MADE YET. Anyway, GREAT idea.
Galfam is offline Male
Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #33
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
Instead of flagging it or writing 'SOLVED' in the title, what if Justin got it in like the Q&A section in the Somebody Help section. Like it would say in green letters: GRAPHIC MADE or in red: GRAPHIC NOT MADE YET. Anyway, GREAT idea.
That's a great idea! Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I think you have a really nice idea here

I know that there a lot of shops out there and I certainly am not saying they should not get business but I know when I was looking for some help with my siggy (and now that Halloween is over I will need another one) I had an idea of what I wanted and had the 2 pics I wanted to include. I browsed through about 10 or so different shops trying to find the one that I could order from and did not see one that would suit my needs.

Many shops do specific things that are shown in their examples and they are usually very nice but when what you want is not in a shop's order form I would rather just make a post looking for some help.

This idea may help people like me who have tried shops but have not found what they needed.

If the idea of this is too complex for the mods/admins to monitor I would even like to see just a sub section in the avvie/siggy section for those looking for help with graphics while the main forum could be used for shops only.

I know I was supremely grateful when someone came to my thread and made my beautiful siggy for me as it was frustrating digging through many shops looking for one that would help me with what I specifically needed.

The shops are great here but sometimes I don't need the exact services they offer.

Thanks for sharing your great idea
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 11-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #35
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

I think it's a really good idea, being a graphic make myself I've felt just a little bit annoyed when I see heaps of them
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #36
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
I have a good shop in my siggie! Feel free to take a look!
I really don't think that was the purpose of this thread, lol
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #37
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

A great idea from a great person

Rep for you Lakee! xDD
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #38
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I think we've now explored all sides of this idea.

Thanks so much for posting!
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed