Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

Default Re: An Idea for the Avatar & Signature Section

Awesome idea! That would surely help the shops out.
Jake is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I like the idea as well but I see 2 problems with it. The firs is that it would be taking traffic away from people's shops and the second one is that there would be no way for people to keep track of who was filling each order since only the mods can edit the posts. That would just cause the mods to do a lot of work that would be very confusing and time consuming. I like the idea but I just don't think it is very practical for WI.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
I like the idea as well but I see 2 problems with it. The firs is that it would be taking traffic away from people's shops and the second one is that there would be no way for people to keep track of who was filling each order since only the mods can edit the posts. That would just cause the mods to do a lot of work that would be very confusing and time consuming. I like the idea but I just don't think it is very practical for WI.
As soon as I got into bed that problem hit me, too.
I figured that maybe there could be a rule that the person posting on the request thread could only order one graphic.
I'm pretty sure we can edit our own posts though. I know I can, and I'm pretty sure 'webkinz' and gifted can, too. All the mods would have to do is simply delete the posts that are eitehr flagged or marked "solved."
EDIT- Wait, I get what your saying now. I didn't mean that the person who filled the request would edit the post as "solved." The person who requested the graphic would once they either gave up the search or recieved the graphic they wanted.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #14
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz5929
This is a good idea, but it could lead to some complications..but still a cool idea.

Rep.
Would you mind telling me the complications? I would like to know, so we can work to get tweak the idea.

View Post Originally Posted by Maggie Mae
I really like this idea! I think instead of a thread though it would work really well as a sub section, then people could start their threads stating requests, and shop owners and such could look through to see who they could help out! Rep for you!
I think that would lead to the end of shops, though. Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
I like that idea, but it would probably quicker just to order at a shop.
Not always. Usually, at shops, you have to deal with customers, and when the certain shop owner completes the order, etc.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

I think this is a great idea! I know what you mean, sometimes those request threads take over the A/S section, shops are bumped down. It sounds very organized, so it might take a bit of planning to actually create it ... I think we need a staff member's opinion.
But I do see one flaw ... I really think this is gonna take away from shops. I mean, most members are gonna think 'why go to shops, we can just request at one thread and get a bunch of different graphics!' so ... yeah. So I'm sorta 50/50 on this, but I still think it's very creative & well-planned. Repp!

Edit: And in case this does work out, I vote that the thread be called "The Universal Thread of Graphics"
xD
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great Ideerr. Or they could just use the shops.
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #17
ilovebeckymost‚ô•
Webkinz :)

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

This is an awesome idea! Because, if the person who according to them desperatley needs a avvie or siggy, why don't they look if they are that desperate? This is a great idea.
x)
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
I think this is a great idea! I know what you mean, sometimes those request threads take over the A/S section, shops are bumped down. It sounds very organized, so it might take a bit of planning to actually create it ... I think we need a staff member's opinion.
But I do see one flaw ... I really think this is gonna take away from shops. I mean, most members are gonna think 'why go to shops, we can just request at one thread and get a bunch of different graphics!' so ... yeah. So I'm sorta 50/50 on this, but I still think it's very creative & well-planned. Repp!

Edit: And in case this does work out, I vote that the thread be called "The Universal Thread of Graphics"
xD
To prevent the shops being unused, I thought maybe there could be rule for this thread that each requester can only order one graphic for each post, and may only post once per day. It'd have to be the honor system though.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzchick1
Great Ideerr. Or they could just use the shops.
I understand, but some people don't use the shops now, anyways.
View Post Originally Posted by TheLovelyLife
This is an awesome idea! Because, if the person who according to them desperatley needs a avvie or siggy, why don't they look if they are that desperate? This is a great idea.
x)
Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #19
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Great idea! It would be very helpful to me - rep points for you!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #20
Gifted

Thanks, Ash!
Closed