Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default An Idea for the Avatar & Signature Section

NOTE- Before posting a flaw---if you have one--- please read the last section of this post. The flaw you might see has probably already been discussed.

Hello.

I have been noticing that there is an increasing amount of threads posted with the titles like: "I need an avatar!" or "Please help! I need siggie!" and so on. I have no problem with those threads, but I just feel like those threads are knocking the actual shops down on the list, so they arn't on the first page of the section, and go unseen. My suggustion.... What if there was a thread--made by the WI staff-- that allowed members who were were seeking a graphic to post their request, then eventually someone would come along, see it, make it, and send it in to the requester. Then, after the requester has recieved what they wanted, they either modify the post as "solved" and a mod delete it (like the GT application), or just flag it to be removed.

New add-on ---->

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
Instead of flagging it or writing 'SOLVED' in the title, what if Justin got it in like the Q&A section in the Somebody Help section. Like it would say in green letters: GRAPHIC MADE or in red: GRAPHIC NOT MADE YET. Anyway, GREAT idea.
I understand that some of you may be thinking, "Well, why would we need this? That person could always just go request at a shop and be done with it." Well... they don't. Sometimes they are looking for quick service, or just don't want to pick a shop.

Also---pointing this out now, because I know someone will say this--I know that this could lead to something posted like, "Why didn't you pick my graphic?"
The maker of the graphic would/shouldn't know that the requester didn't choose their graphic. The graphics made should be PMed to prevent this, so that the makers can't see who sent in first, or which one looked better, etc.
I am open to suggustions/add-ons for this idea as well as comments.

COMMENTS && my ANSWERS --

Poster-

1) Just like you quoted in the first post, it would take traffic away from the shops that people work hard on. People usually like it better when the people come to their shop to get graphics, rather than finding random people and giving them graphics.

2) Also along those lines, it would be kind of hard to request graphics if you don't know the guidelines. For example, some graphic makers can't make animations or photo shop images etc, and the people requesting the graphics wouldn't know that. I know that the graphic makers could just skip over those posts, but it would still be a bit confusing, and I have a feeling that a lot of the graphics would turn out wrong and not how the requester wanted them.

3) Also, just like you quoted, I feel like the thread would be confusing. The mods have so much work as it is, and if they had to look through all of the flagged posts in this thread and make sure that the graphic was received and make sure that it was flagged for that reason, it would just take more time off of more important issues.

My answer-
I guess... People do usually like it when customers come to their shop, but that doesn't always happen now, anyways.
WI is very good at guidelines; I'm sure this thread---if made-- would have to have some rules/what you are allowed to ask for. If a request is way out there---like an animation, as you said---then they would have to go to one of the shops because that is something that you need to be very specific about.
I don't think it would be confusing, if you read it and understand what you are supposed to do.
You need a graphic, like an Edward image, with a '♥' added. You make up your own little form (or possibly one made for the thread) and wait. A graphic maker sees it. They [graphic maker] make it, and PM it to the requester. Requester gets it, and likes it. They either modify their post as 'solved' or flag it to be deleted.

Poster-
I like the idea as well but I see 2 problems with it. The firs is that it would be taking traffic away from people's shops and the second one is that there would be no way for people to keep track of who was filling each order since only the mods can edit the posts. That would just cause the mods to do a lot of work that would be very confusing and time consuming. I like the idea but I just don't think it is very practical for WI.

My Answer-
As soon as I got into bed that problem hit me, too.
I figured that maybe there could be a rule that the person posting on the request thread could only order one graphic.
I'm pretty sure we can edit our own posts though. I know I can, and I'm pretty sure 'webkinz' and gifted can, too. All the mods would have to do is simply delete the posts that are eitehr flagged or marked "solved."
EDIT- Wait, I get what your saying now. I didn't mean that the person who filled the request would edit the post as "solved." The person who requested the graphic would once they either gave up the search or recieved the graphic they wanted.

Poster-
I think this is a great idea! I know what you mean, sometimes those request threads take over the A/S section, shops are bumped down. It sounds very organized, so it might take a bit of planning to actually create it ... I think we need a staff member's opinion.
But I do see one flaw ... I really think this is gonna take away from shops. I mean, most members are gonna think 'why go to shops, we can just request at one thread and get a bunch of different graphics!' so ... yeah. So I'm sorta 50/50 on this, but I still think it's very creative & well-planned. Repp!

Edit: And in case this does work out, I vote that the thread be called "The Universal Thread of Graphics"
xD

My Answer-
To prevent the shops being unused, I thought maybe there could be rule for this thread that each requester can only order one graphic for each post, and may only post once per day. It'd have to be the honor system though.

Last edited by Lake; 11-04-2009 at 07:42 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: An Idea for the Avatar & Signature Section

Yes, that's such a good idea! I see a lot of threads (and reply to some of them occasionally) saying "help I need a signature ASAP!" (seriously people, go to a shop. )
I'd love a thread like that. Great idea!
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Thanks!
So many shops are often pushed down by the request threads, which doesn't seem very fair to me.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I think that's a great idea!

Some threads have some very simple requests and you could go to almost any shop and they can make it for you... but there are also some threads with really advanced stuff and hard animations- an not many people can do that so those threads get knocked down and then they don't get their requests... :/
Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Gifted

Thanks, DDD!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Country Music = ♥
Webkinz :)

Heathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to all

I think that is a great idea! Maybe WI will add it in the future. i really hope so, lol.
Heathmoo is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Mo Ikai, onigai!

catspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guide

hm.. thats would make it a whole lot neater...

I think thats a good idea
catspaws is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

This is a good idea, but it could lead to some complications..but still a cool idea.

Rep.
Webkinz5929 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I really like this idea! I think instead of a thread though it would work really well as a sub section, then people could start their threads stating requests, and shop owners and such could look through to see who they could help out! Rep for you!
Maggie Mae is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #10
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I like that idea, but it would probably quicker just to order at a shop.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed