Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #51
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI (Just updated!)

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this, as long as it is done in a respectful way. I agree that people should NOT be doing this advertising through PM's and VM's as this would get sooooo annoying!

If someone chooses to leave this site for another, it isn't anyone's fault. Everyone has different interests, and personalities. And these other sites may mesh better with them. And, personally I find that to be the most important thing. I also don't see were it would be fair to say that only owners should be able to post these in there siggy. What if I went to another site and contributed a lot there, and was proud of the work I had done as member. Shouldn't I be allowed to advertise that as well? This is all just MHO!! Thanks so much for sparking this great conversation

Jessica
jessicabarnhart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #52
Slytherin for this
Webkinz :)

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 
Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
I think this says it all. There are lots of sites that aren't in direct competition with WI and if you want to visit them or provide a link fine. But honestly, if you want to find another webkinz site, just use Google. I don't think WI should have to provide you with another source of information because you are too lazy to find it yourself. It does cost money to run this site and there are many people who put a lot of work into making it run well. I don't think you should just piggyback off WI with no apologies and think you're entitled to do it. In the end, it's a matter of ethics and judgement. You MAKE the call.
I think that makes since. If you really want a new Webkinz site just Google it! Just think about how you would feel if you owned a small Webkinz site and someone came up and put WI in there siggy.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #53
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
I think that makes since. If you really want a new Webkinz site just Google it! Just think about how you would feel if you owned a small Webkinz site and someone came up and put WI in there siggy.
When I link to a forum in my sig on here, I create a link thread on that forum linking back to WI so it really wouldn't bother me I would recommend this or something similar to anyone who links to their forum on WI
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #54
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
(I checked and didn't see a thread like this)
Well I've been seeing a lot of links in siggys to other websites. I think that's ok but when someone has a link to another Webkinz board, I think that's a bit rude since WI is a Webkinz board and you are taking away members from here. Also for Home Pages people put Webkinz related boards. I think you shouldn't be aloud to put a link to a Webkinz board UNLESS you own it. Like you made the site, and all Webkinz board websites should be banned from siggys. It's just a bit rude. It's like going to Target and putting a Wal-Mart sign up. So tell me what you think.

UPDATE
I think it would be completely fine to put in your siggy a website you own (or a staff member) OR a site that doesn't have that many members but a full fledge Webkinz board is a bit rude. I guess it could be your home page but I don't think it should be in your siggy. And of course it's super rude to put- Join my site! It's better than WI! or even Join my site! It's just as good as WI

That's why I said if they own it they can advirsetise it for there home page. Well the tv is different. That's a place for advertisements but WI isn't. Like a store. Like I said, It's like putting a Wal-Mart poster in a Target store. BTW thank you for not yelling!
I agree. I've seen links too really popular Webkinz Forums,that already have a million members. But if it's a Webkinz Forum that only has 10 or 11 members,that's fine. So I agree,and Rep if I can give you any!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #55
00jacksonredwall

0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. i admit that i have put links to other boards in my siggie, but after reading this post I'm not so sure if I'm going to anymore.
0jacksonredwall is offline Male
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #56
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

I think it would be ok if you have a link back to WI on the other site.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #57
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI (Just updated! June 9th)

Honestly, I think that if you want to out a link in your signature or maybe VM your closer friends, then it should be fine. I totally agree with jessicabarnhart.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #58
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I agree! I see people's signatures or "Visit soandso's Homepage!" in their drop-down menu, and it turns out to be a forum for Webkinz that they created. I feel like it's a huge slap in the face sometimes.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #59
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

I must disagree. The reason why they let us put those things there is because they don't mind if people visit other sites. At my friend's site, she's not asking for profit. She just wants some visits.

I must admit though, the whole Wal-Mart thing is very clever

- Ciara
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #60
Slytherin for this

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by ImTara55
I agree! I see people's signatures or "Visit soandso's Homepage!" in their drop-down menu, and it turns out to be a forum for Webkinz that they created. I feel like it's a huge slap in the face sometimes.
Yes! Thank you!
Closed