Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #41
Slytherin for this
Webkinz :)

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 
Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI (Just updated!)

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
IMO if you don't own the site, that's no reason not to be allowed to promote it.
But it's rude since you joined WI and it doesn't matter if you have joined more than just WI but you shouldn't promote it.
Baby252 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #42
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

WI is even with the other WI sites. It might have all-adult staff vs. anyone can be staff, but we should be able to promote sites through signatures if we like the site.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
Princessapreeel
Gift Guru

Princessapreeel is just really nicePrincessapreeel is just really nice

ALthough some may consider it rude there is no rule against it now and there actually use to be a place on our forum were members could post information on another webbies site
Princessapreeel is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #44
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

I mostly agree with Baby in that there is an issue. However, I also agree with some of the other points that were made. For example, some sites that are advertised need more members and the WI members would not be leaving this site. Also, other sites could help give info to members. However, it is a bit rude to post those things on your siggie. I think a good solution would be to have a special "more information" area where members can send in the link to a webkinz website and tell a little bit about it. Websites can be approved by the WI staff so it doesn't get clogged up with unwebkinz-related sites. Members could even rate the links. What do you think?

Oh, and thanks Baby for bringing this issue up! It appears that many members are concerned about this issue (no matter what their opinion). Remember everyone, we are all just trying to make a better place, so nobody get upset.

Last edited by Kayfookey; 06-08-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #45
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
. I think a good solution would be to have a special "more information" area where members can send in the link to a webkinz website and tell a little bit about it. Websites can be approved by the WI staff so it doesn't get clogged up with unwebkinz-related sites. Members could even rate the links. What do you think?

I would have to disagree with the Approval/Rating thing. If someone doesn't follow the rules on a site and gets banned, that site could be a great site, but they could rate it 1 star and at least somewhat hurt its reputation on WI. Plus, with the approval thing, it would just add a bit more of a burden to the Mods as more forums are created on an almost daily basis. Maybe these are just my opinions, though
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 06-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #46
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
I would have to disagree with the Approval/Rating thing. If someone doesn't follow the rules on a site and gets banned, that site could be a great site, but they could rate it 1 star and at least somewhat hurt its reputation on WI. Plus, with the approval thing, it would just add a bit more of a burden to the Mods as more forums are created on an almost daily basis. Maybe these are just my opinions, though
That;s true
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #47

Casedey is on a distinguished road

hmm, you have a point... but for wi to allow it i think it is fine... idk.
-CaSeDeY <3
Casedey is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #48
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

I don't really agree, sorry. What if your best friend made an awesome webkinz website? Wouldn't you want to advertise it? It seems kind of rude to other forums to block them out like that.
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #49
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Princessapreeel
ALthough some may consider it rude there is no rule against it now and there actually use to be a place on our forum were members could post information on another webbies site
Yes I remember thaat! I think we should bring that back
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #50
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Default Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Spam, report it. Only place it is allowed is in a siggy...no other advertising or linking other sites.
I think this says it all. There are lots of sites that aren't in direct competition with WI and if you want to visit them or provide a link fine. But honestly, if you want to find another webkinz site, just use Google. I don't think WI should have to provide you with another source of information because you are too lazy to find it yourself. It does cost money to run this site and there are many people who put a lot of work into making it run well. I don't think you should just piggyback off WI with no apologies and think you're entitled to do it. In the end, it's a matter of ethics and judgement. You MAKE the call.
Closed