Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   I think this should be a new rule on WI (Just updated! June 9th) (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/i-think-should-new-rule-webkinz-515196/)

Baby25206-07-2009 02:59 PM

I think this should be a new rule on WI (Just updated! June 9th)

(I checked and didn't see a thread like this)
Well I've been seeing a lot of links in siggys to other websites. I think that's ok but when someone has a link to another Webkinz board, I think that's a bit rude since WI is a Webkinz board and you are taking away members from here. Also for Home Pages people put Webkinz related boards. I think you shouldn't be aloud to put a link to a Webkinz board UNLESS you own it. Like you made the site, and all Webkinz board websites should be banned from siggys. It's just a bit rude. It's like going to Target and putting a Wal-Mart sign up. So tell me what you think.

UPDATE
I think it would be completely fine to put in your siggy a website you own (or a staff member) OR a site that doesn't have that many members but a full fledge Webkinz board is a bit rude. I guess it could be your home page but I don't think it should be in your siggy. And of course it's super rude to put- Join my site! It's better than WI! or even Join my site! It's just as good as WI

UPDATE
I think if you have a link on the other site to WI then it's fine. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by icecube730 (Post 14825002)
I'm going to have to politely disagree with you here, Baby [;

I think that s ok for members o advertise, i mean we get it every day. you're watching a infomercial about downy paper towels, and then when it's commercial break, you see one for bounty paper towels. to me, that's just how things work. justin/wendy don't control how many people come here and they can't control when and why people leave, for the most part. i think it's plenty fine to advertise any other site here, becuase we know wi is the best anyways. lol.

That's why I said if they own it they can advirsetise it for there home page. Well the tv is different. That's a place for advertisements but WI isn't. Like a store. Like I said, It's like putting a Wal-Mart poster in a Target store. BTW thank you for not yelling!

speedieblonde06-07-2009 03:05 PM

Re: I think this should be a new rule on WI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby252 (Post 14824254)
(I checked and didn't see a thread like this)
Well I've been seeing a lot of links in siggys to other websites. I think that's ok but when someone has a link to another Webkinz board, I think that's a bit rude since WI is a Webkinz board and you are taking away members from here. Also for Home Pages people put Webkinz related boards. I think you shouldn't be aloud to put a link to a Webkinz board UNLESS you own it. Like you made the site, and all Webkinz board websites should be banned from siggys. It's just a bit rude. It's like going to Target and putting a Wal-Mart sign up. So tell me what you think.

It's like going to Target and putting a Wal-Mart sign up.
THAT my friends is my favorite line! :2funny:
I agree 100%! A ton of my friends on WI are making these. I have showed and expressed to them over and over again (everyone, friends or not on WI) through my profiles and PM and VM and avvies and siggies, etc, then I love WI! And yet the post VM's:

Hey! Come check out my new website about webkinz!

Uh....k? :2funny:

Great thread! REP FOR YOU!

bob nws III06-07-2009 03:07 PM

I know what you mean. It really annoys me when people do that...they may have good intentions, but it seems like they are stealing WIs members. I agree with you, there is something about it that really irks me...

PrincessToeshoe06-07-2009 03:09 PM

I don't really mind it but I get what your saying.
And your example was prime! It's a good rule, though.

kinzdreamer06-07-2009 03:10 PM

It seems a little rude, but if someone is really faithful to
WI they will stay here, no matter what someone else has in their signature.

Baby25206-07-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedieblonde (Post 14824351)
It's like going to Target and putting a Wal-Mart sign up.
THAT my friends is my favorite line! :2funny:
I agree 100%! A ton of my friends on WI are making these. I have showed and expressed to them over and over again (everyone, friends or not on WI) through my profiles and PM and VM and avvies and siggies, etc, then I love WI! And yet the post VM's:

Uh....k? :2funny:

Great thread! REP FOR YOU!

LOL thank you! It just came to me. :) Thank you so much for the rep.!

Jennielou06-07-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedieblonde (Post 14824351)

Spam, report it. Only place it is allowed is in a siggy...no other advertising or linking other sites.

Baby25206-07-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennielou (Post 14824572)
Spam, report it. Only place it is allowed is in a siggy...no other advertising or linking other sites.

That's true. Like I said, I think any other Web site (like to Target XD) is fine but when it's a Webkinz board I think it's rude

snickerdoodle2006-07-2009 03:31 PM

LOL! Your example is GOLD!

icecube73006-07-2009 03:40 PM

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you here, Baby [;

I think that s ok for members o advertise, i mean we get it every day. you're watching a infomercial about downy paper towels, and then when it's commercial break, you see one for bounty paper towels. to me, that's just how things work. justin/wendy don't control how many people come here and they can't control when and why people leave, for the most part. i think it's plenty fine to advertise any other site here, becuase we know wi is the best anyways. lol.