Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #11
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default Re: I solved my own....

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
i gave up on naming rooms exactly what i wanted last year. so i would come up with creative alternatives that didn't always work bc pet's names were not acceptable. for instance, we have three pets that share a room: Curren (boy chocolate lab), Zeus (boy raccoon) and Ares (boy lil st. bernard). That room is named "boy raccoon current dog" (Course you cannot do that now!)

that still didn't solve the problem completely. we have only one boy raccoon so i always knew that was Zeus and it was obvious that current stood for Curren. The dog, however, was a problem. I had problems like this on MANY rooms. So, I started a powerpoint slide and took pics of the rooms and labeled it whose room it was and what it was called on the map. I'll have to continue that bc bc having the choice of only two words is not a great option when you've got more than one pet in the room. I'm not happy that I cannot have an Aztec room. Maybe I will name a pet Aztec.

Please, whatever you do, do not torture your pet and name it BATHROOM! LOL!!!
Ohh, Aztec is such a cute name! Now, naming one "Ancient" might have been mean.. but Aztec sounds cute! hehe.

I can't imagine the work involved in maintaining a map seperate from your WW map. Yikes! I'm glad I let my pets roam free. Less to worry about when it comes to naming my rooms, at least. Very few of my Webbies need to be in a specific room. The girls yell at me sometimes for not having them all in beds, but I can live with it.
Bonsai is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

michellemily has a spectacular aura about

I don't know it irks me all this change and not letting us name our rooms anymore it's a bummer. I love to create cool unsual names for my rooms now what do I get stuck with 200 kitchens...see I based my house on the Winchester mystery house I wanted to have tons of kitchens and name them all with a theme now I can't...sigh same with the living room themed names but now it just reeks....
michellemily is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #13
Gift Guru

kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!kitty668 is not just visiting!

That is a very creative idea.Thanks for sharing.
kitty668 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #14
OurExtras
Gifted
maryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by michellemily
I don't know it irks me all this change and not letting us name our rooms anymore it's a bummer. I love to create cool unsual names for my rooms now what do I get stuck with 200 kitchens...see I based my house on the Winchester mystery house I wanted to have tons of kitchens and name them all with a theme now I can't...sigh same with the living room themed names but now it just reeks....
okay mind you, this is my addiction talking... but i wonder if we can maintain our map with a map hand drawn...quickly ~ not professional ~ onto graph paper....
for me personally that is way too much work!! lol
im fine with naming my webbies after rooms!
maryjane73 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #15
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

OMG! That is like the best idea in the WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! You are soooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #16
Gift Guru

ozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to all

Wow how lame is Ganz !!! My daughter had great names for her rooms such as spoooooooooky, pink smootie room, cave, and after all her pets she had a chit chat room etc.. I think its one more thing they didnt have to take away... i like your idea though hope it works
ozzieluva is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #17
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
Ohh, Aztec is such a cute name! Now, naming one "Ancient" might have been mean.. but Aztec sounds cute! hehe.

I can't imagine the work involved in maintaining a map seperate from your WW map. Yikes! I'm glad I let my pets roam free. Less to worry about when it comes to naming my rooms, at least. Very few of my Webbies need to be in a specific room. The girls yell at me sometimes for not having them all in beds, but I can live with it.
i just put the pic up on the other post so people could see what i mean but photobucket is acting weird. it's like they DOWNGRADED their site. YIKES!! i hope its a glitch! anyway, i realized that i needed to fix the name of the 2nd slide and i was going to fix it but i cannot get the first image deleted to replace it. oh well, i'll explain it instead.

LOL! Ancient would be mean, Fortunately, we already have an Ancient Room. I tried to name it Ancient Civilization but Civilization was banned.

oh we have bedrooms for all the pets. it's almost like an orphanage. then they each have a play room. then there's the special theme styled rooms and the outdoor rooms.

new comment: havent you ever listened to Dr. Quack?! He tells you, "It's always a good idea to put your Webkinz to bed before leaving Webkinz World. Chow!"

with every new adoption, we take the pet to the dr -- just like we would for a real life pet. our pets hardly get sick so i like to tell myself that's why.

---------- RedBear added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by michellemily
that's problem #2 that i really don't like. we've got 16 bedrooms. our 16th bedroom was named, "The Bedroom". so when we need bedroom #17, it's going to have to be "The Bedroom". Gee, that'll be fun.

Last edited by RedBear; 09-27-2008 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
RedBear is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #18
snm13
Gift Guru

beks is a jewel in the roughbeks is a jewel in the rough

You don't need to have the all purpose room part i don't think.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #19
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by maryjane73
okay mind you, this is my addiction talking... but i wonder if we can maintain our map with a map hand drawn...quickly ~ not professional ~ onto graph paper....
for me personally that is way too much work!! lol
im fine with naming my webbies after rooms!
oh no! WAY TOO MUCH WORK! lol. look at my pic on the first page. i think that i'm post #8. that's what i did to get the map maintained.

you know, i am liking the name Aztec more and more...
RedBear is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #20
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

That's a great idea- to name the pets the name you'd want for rooms- except for those of us that don't adopt new pets . *cry*
And I couldn't imagine naming a new pet things like "curio storage" "winter storage" "Fallfest storage" "zingoz celebration storage" and such. LOL

I'm really annoyed with this new naming rooms thing. I couldn't even make an "aztec room". I like to name my THEMED rooms by their THEME NAME! So now even when new themes come out in the wshop I won't be able to name the room what the theme is when I buy that stuff and make a room. I won't be able to make a new halloween room with the new halloween stuff. I have one from 2yrs now- the 3rd year isn't going to say anything pertaining to halloween in the name and that BUGS ME.

sigh
It's going to be hard to find specific rooms with the way we have to name them now.
Closed