Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
Gifted
Rallymama is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I need seriouse help (seal involved)

Don't beg or nag - if *I* was your mom and you did that to me, it would set my "No" in stone. Remember, the Midwinter Retail Extravaganza Gift Exchange Event is coming soon, so have patience, be an all-around good kid, and maybe you'll get that seal!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #12
MissEmmeGirl
Gifted
Emmegirl is a jewel in the roughEmmegirl is a jewel in the rough

This is the time of year when I quit buying my kids stuff. Whenever they ask for things, I have to say no.

But I remember what they asked for, and chances are they find exactly that under the Christmas tree.

It's hard enough to find good Christmas presents without buying extra things right -before- Christmas.

I hope that makes sense. Don't beg, but once a week let your mom know how cute you think the seal is, and that you'd really like it. Just so she knows it wasn't a passing whim.

I have a Black Cat in the closet that I bought for my younger son because it was clear he really wanted it, and would STILL want it by December.

Yesterday, my older son calmly let us walk out of a store without the seal he wants so badly. I'm going back today, while he's in school, just to get it for him. It'll looks SO cute in his stocking!

So you never know. Don't run out and buy it yourself. Ask relatives to give it to you, if you don't think your mom will. They're always struggling to know what to get.
Emmegirl is offline Female
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
Gifted
jurnalynn is on a distinguished road

its getting close to christmas and i've told my kids no on the seals too but they don't know i have them in the closest for the hollidays
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #14
Gift Guru

Tinkermomof3 is a name known to allTinkermomof3 is a name known to allTinkermomof3 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Emmegirl
This is the time of year when I quit buying my kids stuff. Whenever they ask for things, I have to say no.

But I remember what they asked for, and chances are they find exactly that under the Christmas tree.

It's hard enough to find good Christmas presents without buying extra things right -before- Christmas.

I hope that makes sense. Don't beg, but once a week let your mom know how cute you think the seal is, and that you'd really like it. Just so she knows it wasn't a passing whim.

I have a Black Cat in the closet that I bought for my younger son because it was clear he really wanted it, and would STILL want it by December.

Yesterday, my older son calmly let us walk out of a store without the seal he wants so badly. I'm going back today, while he's in school, just to get it for him. It'll looks SO cute in his stocking!

So you never know. Don't run out and buy it yourself. Ask relatives to give it to you, if you don't think your mom will. They're always struggling to know what to get.
I agree! Relatives never know what to get, tell them the Webkinz Seal! And your mom may have wanted to get it for you for Christmas. It's a little too close to Christmas to be asking for extra gifts. That's what my mom always told me, and I"m the same way to my kids.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #15
Gifted
Rallymama is on a distinguished road

Let me also say that if you go behind your Mom's back and buy the seal with your own money, you're going to have to hide it from her forever. In my house, the penalty for deliberate disobediance is bad enough, let alone compounding that by adding lying and deception into the mix. Are you sure you want to risk those consequences?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #16
sheekymonkey
Gift Guru

sheekymonkey has a spectacular aura about

well then ask for it for christmas taht is wat i would do which i already asked for teh penguin charcoal cat turtle and seal lol they have way too many new pets lol
Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #17
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

Well good thing the seals not going any were so don't beg do great in school and ask again l8ter
Webkinz-Waffles is offline Female
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #18
Webkinz :)
pandacubzmom is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry you may not get your seal. I agree with Rallymama - getting it without your mom knowing is probably not the best way.

Casually mentioning how much you love and want the seal, every few days (but not begging or getting angry) may do the trick!

I know I love to get my kids the things they want because I love to see them happy. I have two webkinz put away for Christmas for my daughter. She really wants the panda but since I am giving it as a gift later, I told her it is very hard to find!

Hopefully you can change your mom's mind about the seal. Remember that nice behavior is the most effective way when it comes to changing someone's mind. (not that you aren't being nice! LOL) Especially with dealing with parents.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #19
pupnsuds
Gift Guru

pupnsuds has a spectacular aura about

Totally consider what others have said here they have given you some wonderful advise. Its none of my business but you did ask for advise. when asking the other parent for something after one said no you may get your way but the outcome can turn very negative so you should ask yourself is it worth it. Your dad may get it for you but even if he did it would be against your mothers decision sometimes its hard to realise but parents do have their reasons for that not so nice word NO Most of the time in the future you may find out and possibly understand that her reasonings are correct but in the moment yes I am well aware that it doesnt seem that way even adults have parents telling them how to spend and not to spend their money trust me I really think some things never change when it comes to parents. Christmas is coming so ya never know someone may get you one or mabe after christmas thay will be on sale. alright Im all done with my lecture lol please dont take offense to what Ive typed just remember parents wether right or wrong usually have their reasons and even if you get what you want from the other parent there may be guilt in the end if one feels that the other tried to one up them I hope that makes sense I know what Im trying to say but dont know how to say it. good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
seal name snowflake
Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #20
CheekyKat
Gift Guru

CheekyKat is on a distinguished road

Ask, tell the how much it means to you, it's worth a try! :] Good LUCK!! :]
Closed