Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

cmf63 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: I hope that there aren't that many threads like this but please don't do this

Ganz will let u change your user name if it has personal info in it
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Default Re: I hope that there aren't that many threads like this but please don't do this

Your right emloveswebkins!

Unfortunatelly I do not think your allowed to change your username on Webkinz.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #23
lbj14 has disabled reputation

I agree that you shouldn't say personal information. But it's also hard to chose a username that hasn't been chosen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for giving out personal information at all, but I think what people chose for their username is up to them.
lbj14 is offline Male
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #24

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Emloveswebkins
I was scanning through my kinzchat phone on WW the other day, and to my horror I saw a username that gave out personal information. This is not the actual username, but an example

march8nineteen95

If you have a username like this please contact ganz. I hope that they can change it for you!
REMEMBER: NEVER GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION!

Thanks for looking at this.

Oh, and i also saw a username like this (again, not the actually username)

sallysuesmith

(p.s. I am not a rep moocher, I just wanted to point this out)

I agree that no personal should be given.

However this ID might be a sister's, close cousin's, best friends, and etc....personal information and not theirs.

So what I am trying to say is even though it appears personal and it may be something as simple as a kid using a combo of various loved one's info, or a specific loved one's info... just for the sake of remembering easily. Just a thought
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

There is another problem with user names like this. Not only do they give out personal information, but they make it a lot easier FOR PEOPLE TO STEAL YOUR ACCOUNT! I have heard very sad stories of people losing their pets and lots of great rare items because someone figured out how to hack their Webkinz account. Great thread - thanks for the reminder.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #26

Mr. Wookiekinz will become famous soon enough

yea my friend accidentally put her friend's code as her username so someone took it... and my other friend's username is sort of personal infoish.. its (last name)girl with a bunch of x's but her last name is a name 4 something else so...
Mr. Wookiekinz is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #27

kingkong11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people should stop putting names in there username
kingkong11 is offline Male
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

My cousin accidentally named one of her pet's its secret code! I make sure that when i check on her stuff she doesn't have that pet up!
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #29

iDANCE is a jewel in the roughiDANCE is a jewel in the rough

thats not even bad, there are probly 4589 that are that age
iDANCE is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #30
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

yes, but predators are SMART! Like if i had my username like that and i was on WI, a predator might be able to track me down. It might take a while but you could be suprised what they can do with such little info! They did a presentation at my school on it. A predator tracked a girl down by knowing her birthday (mm/dd/yy), the state she lived in, and her little brother's name. It's bad.
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Closed